Tyler & Jarron
Our names are Tyler and Jarron, and we live just outside of Indianapolis with our adorable puppy, Oliver. We’ve been together for 8 years, married for 3 of those. Jarron is a family medicine resident and will be an attending physician next summer. Tyler works as a flight attendant and union officer. We love spending time with our family and friends, playing cards or catching up around the fire, and traveling. Last year, we bought our first home and are now ready to fill it with love and new memories as a family.
We are so excited to begin our journey towards an open adoption with you. Your child will always be special, not just because they will have two dads, but because they will always have just one mommy, and that’s you!
We met online during the Fall of 2012. Jarron reached out first, and a friendship blossomed from there. After several weeks of talking, we decided to meet at a local Starbucks in Indianapolis and began dating days later. Throughout the years together, we have built many unforgettable memories, especially our vacations to Mexico, Scotland, and Puerto Rico.
Early in our relationship, Tyler moved away for work for a year. We learned a lot during that year about ourselves and the relationship we were building. Communication and trust would become a strong foundation for us. We both had to put effort into making time for each other because of our busy schedules.
Since before we got married, we have been thinking about starting a family. We’ve known we wanted to be dads together from the start! We are all about relationships and hope to develop a very special one with you!
We have spent most of our years together in and around the Indianapolis area. Last year, we moved to a more rural area just outside of Indianapolis. In our new neighborhood, we live on a cul-de-sac with several young families and many elementary-age kids. Moving to a rural area, as a same-sex couple, was a little intimidating but we were quickly welcomed with open arms by the families on our street. During the summer, we love spending time outside with our neighbors around the fire pit or in each other’s driveways, watching the kids play.
About Tyler from Jarron
Tyler is one of the most loving and caring individuals I have ever met. Whether it be his work as a flight attendant and union officer, or his passion for his family, he will always put the needs of others first. I don’t think he will ever truly understand how much I admire him for this. We also complement each other very well and respect our differences. I am certainly the more outgoing and social one, whereas Tyler is often quiet and takes time to open up. But once he does, his smile lights up the room. Tyler loves to spend time in the kitchen, cooking and baking new things every day, something I appreciate as I have no idea what I am doing in the kitchen. He loves our puppy Oliver and spends so much time playing with him – you can definitely tell who his favorite daddy is! Throughout our adoption journey, I have seen Tyler grow as a man and I know he will be an amazing father to our child.
About Jarron from Tyler
I was so nervous to meet Jarron the first time. When we finally did meet, his smile calmed my nerves and everything just seemed right. Jarron has a huge heart and doesn’t know a stranger. I love his quirky and outgoing personality. He can strike up a conversation with anyone. He loves being around kids. If there’s a baby in the room, you can bet he will be holding it the first chance he gets! Jarron has encouraged and pushed me when I needed it most, and he isn’t afraid to be the first to apologize when he’s wrong. All these traits make me love him more and more each day. I know that he will be an amazing dad and I can’t wait to be a dad together with him.
Our Extended Family
Both of our families live here in Indiana. Tyler is very involved with his parents and younger brother and sister. We try to attend his sister’s sporting events as much as possible. Tyler’s younger sister and brother are so excited to finally have a niece or nephew!.We currently live close to Tyler’s family and frequently visit them – his mother is beyond excited for her first grandchild! Jarron’s parents are now separated but he remains close to his two brothers and two sisters. Between his siblings, there are three nieces and three nephews who all love Tyler immensely. They scream and laugh when he visits them, knowing he will drop everything just to play.
As new parents, we believe in a child-centered adoption. We plan to avoid daycare as Tyler will be taking time off from work and possibly be a stay-at-home dad for some time. We were both raised to value our family and spending time with them will be a large part of raising our children. We plan to support him/her as they grow older while providing safety and security. We both believe in giving back to our community, whether it be through donations or service. We hope to become very involved through community service with our growing family. If chosen to parent your child, we promise to always honor your decision in seeking an open adoption. You will always be a part of our story.
- When I was younger, I sang at Carnegie Hall in New York city with a children’s choir.
- I love the idea of the gym… BUT dragging myself there seems to be an issue.
- I enjoy cooking and baking (Jarron does the dishes, of course).
- I’m the worst dancer around.
- In 2019, I ran my first half-marathon.
- One of my favorite things about my job is trying new foods on layovers with my friend Rachel! Some of the craziest foods we’ve tried are Quail Legs and Fish Cheeks.
- I love to travel! One of my favorite trips was to Scotland in 2018.
- Playing cards is a family tradition that I love, especially when we visit my great grandma.
- I have a small collection of silver coins.
- I recently found a love for cruises...but thanks to Covid, I think it will be a long time before I’m back on a boat.
- You’ll find me eating a bag of popcorn nearly every night.
- I am addicted to the Crime Junkie podcast!
- I was a competitive swimmer for most of my childhood and was captain of my team for two seasons.
- I listen to the sound of a song rather than its lyrics.
- I enjoy hanging with my close college friends and playing games.
- Doing the laundry and washing dishes calms me.
- I played the piano for 10 years and participated in several competitions.
- I despise milk.
- I watch the same four shows on repeat - this annoys Tyler for sure!
- I love spending time outside and doing yard work.
- I just conquered the stairs and the basement is my new favorite hiding place.
- I love the neighbor kids. If they are playing outside, I beg my dads to let me go play!
- I can shred a piece of paper into confetti.
- My weekly baths need to stop. I don’t like them at all.
- Car rides are the best!