Danny & Abbe
Hello and thanks for checking us out. We are looking forward to meeting you and beginning this journey! Abbe works as a Corporate Account Manager, and Danny works as a Retirement Plan Specialist. We love life in a big way and enjoy traveling, running, attending any type of sporting event, and we’re big foodies. Danny is an adoptee and through our own experience we have witnessed a birthmother’s unconditional love that inspired her to put him first. We are very close with our extended families and love spending time with them. Treating people with kindness, respecting others, and hard work are a few of our family values.
We have been together for over 8 years, married for 6. In 2018, we welcomed our son, Lincoln. Becoming parents is the greatest gift we have been given and we can hardly wait for Lincoln to become a big brother. Additionally, we are animal lovers – and have two dogs (Beanie & Macintosh) & a cat (Lola). Our views on life, love and marriage are very similar, and we value family and friends above all else. Danny, as an adoptee, will share a special bond with our child. Danny met his birth mother when he was 18 and continues a relationship with her today. We will love your child unconditionally, always tell them where they came from, and remind them how strong you are!
Abbe Describing Danny
I often times find it hard to put into words the love I have for my husband. He is loyal, loving and unwavering. Danny has a sense of constant optimism even in the toughest of times. He always reminds me that no matter what happens, God has a plan for us. I didn’t think I could love him more until I saw Danny as a father. There is no greater joy than watching him with Lincoln. Danny is a natural problem-solver and his goofy demeanor put people at ease. Danny loves to laugh, enjoys movies, theme parks, and traveling most of all. We never venture to the same place twice and Danny likes to steer clear of the tourist traps in order to explore the culture of a new place. He is always seeking adventure and is an avid runner and sports lover. He ran cross country at the collegiate level and his competitive nature and dedication is something I greatly admire.
Danny’s subtle and unobtrusive nature also balances my not so subtle personality. He is organized and detailed in all he does and his even-keeled personality puts our family at ease. He always keeps life in perspective and is truly our rock.
Danny Describing Abbe
To take a line from the movie, Jerry Maguire – Abbe “completes me”. We really are a perfect complement to each other, and balance each other’s shortcomings. Abbe is a dreamer, social-butterfly, determined, independent, contrarian, sensitive, risk-averse, believes she can accomplish anything, thoughtful, hardworking, persistent, & full of energy.
While she enjoys running & other sporting activities, basketball is the first love of her life. In her mind, there is no debate that Michael Jordan is the best basketball player of all time.
There are two specific traits of Abbe that epitomize what I love most about her. First, she has an extremely big heart. She deeply cares about other people more than herself – a rare trait in our society anymore. And secondly, she loves life in a big way. She has so much energy & passion for her work, for our marriage, & for our son, Lincoln. She really is like the Energizer Bunny – because she can keep going, and going, and going.
As the mother of our child – Abbe is a natural caretaker. I never thought I could love her more, until I saw her daily interactions with Lincoln…living room dance parties, walks to see “diggers”, or simply snuggles in bed. She has the perfect balance of providing proper discipline when needed, along with proper developmental & educational moments. Being a mother is truly the thing that brings Abbe the most joy!
When it comes to extended family, we feel very fortunate as we both come from big families. We live close to Abbe’s parents and older sister; so we see them often. We love getting together on Sunday afternoons for cookouts and quality time. Lincoln adores his older cousins, Owen and Drew, so we are lucky they live nearby. Abbe’s younger sister is in Chicago, which is a great place for us to visit, and is easy to get to. Danny’s parents live in Cincinnati, so we also see them frequently. Danny’s sister and her family live in Charleston, which is one of our favorite spots to visit! Lincoln loves seeing his other two cousins, Luca and Marco, as well so we always have a wonderful time in South Carolina.
We moved into our new home almost 3 years ago and were lucky with a street full of new neighbors – who quickly became friends, and now feel more like family. We regularly hang out with them, whether for a scheduled street-block party (children included) or impromptu playdate in the front yard. The neighborhood is a wonderful place to raise a family! The property used to be a horse farm, so it has a lot of natural elements – including walking trails, a creek, fire pits, and a woods that rivals any state park. Additionally, our community offers other kid-favorite amenities like several swimming pools, sports courts, and a playground. This all works for us, as we love being outdoors.
Regardless of the family you select, we are thinking of you, and praying for you during this time. We hope that we’ve given you a little more insight to our story, and the life we would provide for your child. We admire you, and promise to provide a life of unconditional love, support and encouragement. Thank you for taking the time to learn about us, and we hope that we have the opportunity to meet you soon.
- I am an adoptee and was placed with my family at about 3 months old.
- My greatest achievement in life is being a husband and a father.
- I’m a picky eater. I despise cheese, do not like mushrooms, & I stay away from most seafood.
- When I eat certain foods, namely sweets – my left cheek sweats & it turns red.
- I am a thrill seeker – love rollercoasters, been sky diving twice, & enjoy snow skiing.
- I am an animal lover – both domestic & exotic. We have 2 dogs & a cat.
- My favorite college sports teams are Florida State University & Ohio State University. Buckeye by birth, Seminole by choice.
- I have completed 3 marathons, with a personal best time of 2:55:53.
- I relocated for work reasons 5 times within a 2 year time period. I have since settled down for the past 5 years in Central Indiana.
- I have lived in 4 states, visited 32 different states, & traveled to 7 different countries.
- Being a mother is the greatest gift I have been given and I cannot wait to welcome more children.
- I am married to an adoptee and 2 of my cousins, both of whom were in my wedding, were adopted.
- I have completed 2 marathons and hope to run a third someday.
- I lived in Luxembourg for 6 months when I was in college.
- I am the middle of three girls.
- I am an avid fan of Survivor and have tried out for the show.
- I am a huge sports fan, especially basketball and tennis.
- I am a Disneyworld fanatic and Danny proposed to me there.
- Michael Jordan and Roger Federer are my sports idols.
- I drove the Hershey’s Kissmobile for a year raising money for the Children’s Miracle Network.
- I have a big personality and love being around people.
- I can’t wait to be a big brother.
- I love to eat and pasta is my favorite food.
- I’m a basketball lover like my mom and dad.
- Outdoors is my favorite place to be.