Austin & Ellie
We are Austin, Ellie, and Dukane. Austin is a teacher/basketball coach, and Ellie is in the medical field. We have grown up and continue to build our lives in our hometown with all of our extended family just minutes away. We can’t wait to add a little blessing to our everyday laughter, weekend adventures, Sunday dinners at Mamaw’s, and loving family. We value our relationship with Dukane’s birth family. Our relationships with our family and friends is huge for us. We have been praying for you and cannot wait to meet you!
Our story began in high school when we met and began dating. We were instantly best friends and had such a deep connection even as teenagers. Austin moved away to college and we continued to date throughout college until we were married in 2014. Being long distance and keeping a strong relationship helped us learn to communicate effectively and made our bond stronger. Since we were married, we have been inseparable! We have been through many ups and down together and have navigated through rough waters as a team. We can’t imagine life without each other’s constant support. We had always wanted to adopt, and after Ellie encountered many medical issues and a few failed fertility treatments, we felt God was putting us right where we need to be, starting our family with adoption. Parenting Dukane is just amazing, and we look forward to our family growing again!
Ellie on Austin
I haven’t done anything in my life to deserve such an amazingly giving, humbled, kind-hearted, and honest husband as Austin. God knew what He was doing when He gave me Austin. Austin not only takes care of our family by working, but he is constantly making sure I am comfortable and taken care of at home. We have grown up into our adult lives together and know each other’s next move before we make them. Austin is so caring and compassionate to everyone he encounters and I have loved watching him become a dad. Austin and Dukane are best friends and do everything together. When Dukane was a small baby Austin would wrap him up in our Moby wrap and wear him while he coached basketball. He is such a caring dad and so hands on. Everything from bath time, to cooking dinner, to wrestling on the bed, he is always involved and always loving our son to the fullest.
Austin on Ellie
Ellie is my best friend, my soul mate, and my partner in crime. She is such a strong individual and is constantly pulling me through the tough situations that we have faced in life. Ellie is so incredibly compassionate and nothing shows this more than her love for animals. Nothing would make her more pleased than to rescue every dog from every shelter in the country, but fortunately for me…we do not have the space for that many pups. She is not afraid to try anything and the thing that impresses me the most is that of all the things she tries, she works and works until she has mastered it. She has done this with motherhood as well. She has perfected caring for our son in the most gentle and passionate way. She made all his baby food from scratch and is always finding the perfect activities and ideas for Dukane. She puts her all into being a mom and we are so lucky to have her as our wife and mama.
We love to try new things together as a family. We play coed softball, go on family hikes, we garden every year, and even have nights where we chill on the couch and play video games together. Most of all we love being outdoors. We live out in the country and are able to experience the amazing sunsets that come in the summer, the beautiful color changes that come each fall, and also take advantage of any snow each winter by building snowmen and sledding at our local park. We go to Disney 1-2 times a year and love trying new restaurants and letting Dukane ride all the rides! Our perfect date night consists of finding a new place to eat and seeing a movie, with popcorn and M and M’s included! Austin actually has saved EVERY movie ticket we have ever had going to movies together since high school. We love to try new places to eat and different cultures food.
Family is a big thing for us. We live in a small city that is north of Indianapolis. We are 2 miles away from Austin’s parents and only 15minutes away from Ellie’s parents. We have weekly dinners with Ellie’s family and regularly visit her grandparents, who only live 10 minutes away. We vacation with both of our families and just returned from a Disney vacation with Ellie’s family! Through every trial we have faced with our infertility, our family has been there to support us and ensure that we always have what we need. Both of our Mom’s watch Dukane while we work and they are so excited to have another baby to love on.
Becoming parents to Dukane has forever changed our outlook on parenting and life in general. We have had to acknowledge our privilege and make sure we are exposing our son to culture and become advocates for him and his future. We will always fight for our childrens’ futures and make sure they have every experience and opportunity they can possibly have. We find importance in slowing down and being the calm Dukane needs. We are sure to always listen to him and help him communicate what his feelings are. We get down to his level to talk to him and make sure he understands what’s right and wrong. We thrive on adventure and letting our kids figure things out themselves with our close support. Dukane has been climbing and jumping and exploring since he could walk and we have let him test his physical boundaries while we are there to catch him if he falls. We seek openness in our adoptions and always strive to do what’s best for our child. Being parents is our absolute honor and greatest joy in life.
We are so ready to add another baby to our family. Dukane will tell you that he already has toys to share and can’t wait to help feed his baby brother or sister. We are excited to meet you and develop a relationship with you. We have an open adoption with Dukane’s birth family and hope that you will also want to be involved in our lives. We will continue to pray for you and cannot wait to meet you!
- I love to garden! My favorites are cucumbers, zucchini, cabbage, and blackberries.
- I have been to the NCAA Basketball tournament twice.
- The quickest way to my heart is through Red Velvet Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory.
- I have a super awesome Christmas Village collection that grows larger and larger every year.
- When I was a kid I would put on N’sync concerts for my parents friends. Dance moves, blonde tips and all!
- While in school I had a job making and delivering pizzas for Pizza King! (and its still my FAVORITE pizza)
- I regularly eat my dessert BEFORE my dinner.
- I love country music and anything Michael Buble.
- Ellie has a tradition of gifting me a Disney movie every year for Valentines Day.
- If I could be any super hero, I’d be Superman, but Marvel comics are still my favorite.
- I have a goal to travel to as many Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives locations as I can throughout my life.
- I love pickles so much; I have about 4-5 jars in my fridge at all times! All shapes, sizes, and flavors!
- I am obsessed with Christmas; I would listen to Christmas music year round if it were acceptable!
- My dad and I won a Daddy-Daughter Dance off when I was little.
- I love cooking! Cajun food and Thai food are my favorites!
- I am an avid lover of rain and thunderstorms! When most people are upset it’s raining, I’m energized and excited!
- The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows. I have my escape planned out and can be ready for the zombie apocalypse at a moments notice!
- I was going to attend stunt school before college to be a stuntwoman in the movies.
- I have mastered the art of singing all Disney songs; my most used Pandora station is Disney Radio! (Tangled and The Princess and The Frog are my favorite)
- My sister and I get mistaken for twins all the time, and although we are 5 years apart, we can read each others minds and everyone who knows us refuses to play Cranium, the board game, against us.
- I have already decided my baby brother or sister’s name will be Queen Poppy (now to convince mom and dad)!
- I have been to Disney 3 times already and have two more trips planned for next year.
- I love getting new shoes, I always wear them around to show them off, especially when they light up.
- I won’t eat some common foods but I love hummus, guacamole, and pesto!
- I have already rode many rollercoasters.