WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!
The last few months have been busy here at Adoptions of Indiana! Most importantly, we welcomed TWO sweet babies and their birth families to the AOI family. Please join us in welcoming Harrison and Mallorie!
Here's what else we have been up to:
- We worked with more than 60 expectant women in need of answers, support and options. No matter what they decide, they know that WE are here for them, whenever they need us.
- We welcomed five new prospective adoptive families into our placement program. As you likely know, we keep our placement program intentionally small so that we are able to provide personalized support to each prospective family, expectant parent and child. Our goal is to help build respectful, educated, and happy families.
- We counseled and sat with four expectant and birth families as they met for the first time and got to know each other. Although that first meeting is inevitably awkward, ultimately, the expectant families decided they were ready to be matched!
- We worked with 19 prospective families through the adoptive home study process.
- Twenty-four families participated in workshops, presented by leaders in adoption education.
We are honored to provide support to birth and adoptive families every step of the way.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
When working with an adoption agency, you should be presented with several families so that you can choose who you believe will be the right family for your child. You have the right to identify certain characteristics you'd like the family to have: strong faith, large extended family or an adoptive sibling for your baby. If you don't feel like you connect with families you are shown, you have the right to view additional profiles.
Click here to see all of your rights. We are here for you 24 hours a day. Please contact us at 317-574-8950.
CHECK OUT I-FACE FAMILY CAMP!
Looking for some family fun this summer? Check out Indiana Families for Adoption Community and Education (I-FACE) Family Camp on August 17 & 18. Archery, horseback riding, tube float, swimming, gaga ball, basketball, tie-dye, It’s all the fun of a traditional summer camp with your family without the work of a traditional camping trip. Expect lots of fun, laughs, activities, good food and meeting other adoptive/foster families in the process.
And don’t worry parents, no tent camping here. Flat Rock offers temperature-controlled cabins and yurts to ensure you will get a good night sleep! This is a chance to have some true fun family time with no work!
Prices range based on a camper's age, but scholarships are available. Click here for more information and get registered!