WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!
As 2019 comes to a close, we are reflecting on a year of joy, heartbreak, beauty, grief, but above all else, love. As we celebrate the holidays and create new traditions that include adoptive and birth families, we can’t help but marvel at the beauty of open adoption. In the last few months, we welcomed four new babies and birth families to our community. Please join us in welcoming Ava, Astrid, Lennon and Beckett!
Here’s what else we have been up to:
- We worked with more than 50 expectant women in need of answers, support and options. No matter what they decide, they know that WE are here for them, whenever they need us.
- We welcomed four new prospective adoptive families into our placement program. As you likely know, we keep our placement program intentionally small so that we are able to provide personalized support to each prospective family, expectant parent and child. Our goal is to help build respectful, educated, and happy families.
- We counseled and sat with three expectant and adoptive families as they met for the first time and got to know each other. Although that first meeting is inevitably awkward, ultimately, the expectant families decided they were ready to be matched!
- We also worked with a few expectant women who decided to parent their children. We are honored to be a part of their decision as they consider their options and building a life for themselves and their child.
- We worked with 26 prospective families through the adoptive home study process.
- Twenty-six families participated in workshops, presented by leaders in adoption education.
We are honored to provide support to birth and adoptive families every step of the way.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to be told about adoption reunion and information registries.
At Adoptions of Indiana, we are proponents of openness and communication in adoption, even before birth. This is not always the case and often birth families and/or adoptees seek our reunion services. Your adoption resources should inform you about adoption registry information. If the adoptee and birth parent choose to meet after the adoptee is of legal age, the adoption resource should be available to assist by preparing parties and facilitating this meeting.
Click here to see all of your rights. We are here for you 24 hours a day. Please contact us at 317-342-9832.
SHARE YOUR STORY
As part of our 25th Anniversary celebration, we want to celebrate YOU! We would love to hear from your family. Share with us a little bit about your adoption journey with AOI and a little update on what your family is up to now! Please feel free to upload photos and videos as well. We love watching the kids grow up.
Please note, these stories and photos may be utilized as a part of our anniversary celebrations in 2020. With your permission, we may feature your family in our e-newsletter, social media or special events. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 317-505-0935.