TOM AND JESSICA
Hi! We are Tom, Jessica, and Easton.
We adopted Easton in 2015 and love being his mom and dad. Family traditions, trying new things, volunteering together, and laughing a lot are some of our favorite things to do as a family!
We’ve known each other since high school and are best friends. Tom is a business owner with plans to take over his family farm, and Jessica works in the special services department at the local school. We live close by extended family and love spending time with them. We look forward to getting to know you!
THE LOVE STORY THAT MADE IT ALL HAPPEN
We began dating after Tom graduated from high school and had a long distance relationship which lead us to develop trust, growth, and commitment. Countless conversations over the phone and spending every moment we could together deepened our relationship. I fell in love with Tom shortly after we started dating. His committed nature, love for family, and big heart reminded me of my dad, who I adore. When I asked Jessica on our first date, I loved how she was down to earth, open-minded, and family oriented. I felt a strong connection right away!
Once Tom graduated college and moved back to our hometown, we knew our journey was just beginning with a fun-filled and family oriented life which would lead us to starting traditions, volunteering together, and making a commitment to each other with the love and support from our family and friends. Tom proposed after two years of dating and we were excited to start a family together!
I grew up being close with my parents. I was and still am a daddy’s girl at heart and wanted to share the same type of love I saw from my parents when growing up. I have a half-sister, who is six years older than me. I always admired her confidence and sense of style. I was raised by parents who treated each other with love and respect. They instilled the importance of community, respect, and honor which I hold dear to my heart today. Growing up I enjoyed playing with neighborhood kids, mushroom hunting, and attending local fairs and festivals with my family. Although my family wasn’t perfect, I learned the value of giving back and never taking things for granted.
I am from a big, close-knit family who values tradition and each other. I have an older sister, and an identical twin, who I am super close with. Whether by genetics or adoption, my family has been raised by generations to accept everyone for who they are and to never judge a book by its cover. I was raised on a 2,500 acre family farm which gave me my passion for agricultural at a very young age. As early as I can remember, I was helping on the farm bailing hay, feeding cattle, and even working in the turkey barns. I was and still am all boy and enjoyed fishing, building hay forts, and riding bikes on the country roads with my siblings and cousins when growing up.
We imagined ourselves living the “American Dream” with a welcoming house, big yard, and having a family dog and children keeping us on our toes for years to come. We have worked hard to get where we are today. Jessica works in the special services department at a local school. She has been involved with local high school scholarship programs for the last several years raising money to award to local students. Tom is a business owner, where his focus is customer relations and growing the business. He wishes to take over the family farm with his twin brother when their dad retires within the next 10 years or so. Together we are 4-H leaders who work with a variety of children in our community.
HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS
We ended up building our dream home located on two acres of the family farm. Our ranch style home was built on a large hill where we are greeted daily by fresh air and the most amazing sunrises and sunsets. Inside our home, we are surrounded by farm-chic décor and DIY projects from Pinterest (Jessica tries to bring out her inner Joanna Gaines). Our open floor plan is great for hosting family get-togethers and is big enough for our family to continue to grow. We have a spunky Yorkie named Myla who greets everyone that comes to our home. She loves following Easton around the house and giving him kisses.
In 2015 we were blessed with our son through adoption. We respect his birth mom’s decision to have a closed adoption, but we are hopeful that we will meet one day, as we know the value and importance it is for Easton. We provide updates/pictures to the agency in case she wants them one day. We had Easton recently color a picture for her!
If you decide to move ahead with an adoption plan and choose to partner with us on this journey, your child will be surrounded by lots of love, farm land to grow up around, and a big brother who will show his little sibling the ropes as they grow up together. He or she will experience the many traditions we have started since we became a family. We will celebrate holidays, and make our own maple syrup and harvest sweet corn each year. Our family will enjoy road trips to Michigan and attending some of our favorite local events throughout the year. He or she will grow up seeing our love for one another just like we saw from our parents when we were kids.
Together we commit to be open and honest with our children about our journey that lead us to adoption. After numerous attempts to have biological children, we felt it in our hearts that adoption was the path to grow our family. In fact, adoption was always on Jessica’s mind since she was a little girl. We will strive to honor you in such a way that our child will know the story that brought us all together. Please know we will talk about you with respect and will welcome communication and a relationship with you. We know that a child’s identity is very important and that is why we commit to be open and honest.
GRATEFUL FOR YOU
We cannot imagine what you are going through and wish you nothing but peace and happiness. Please know that for every kiss our little one gives us, we will offer 100 more. For each dream he or she dreams, we will support them through and through. And for every moment, we will forever be grateful for you.
Thinking of you always,
Tom and Jessica
TEN FUN FACTS ABOUT TOM
- One of my favorite things about Jessica is how natural she is when she is around Easton and other kids. Her big heart, sincerity, and love for others are all factors that make her a great mom.
- I have to start my day with a cup of coffee. I like it black.
- I was in a band in high school where I played an acoustic guitar. We thought we were big shots, but we only played three shows!
- I restored my first vehicle in 2014! It is a 1960’s Willy’s Jeep and it is bright orange.
- I am scared of heights, which is funny because my twin brother works on grain bins that are super high up.
- I enjoy flying remote control airplanes and drones.
- I have broken six bones in my life and they were all around the same time. In middle school, I had to walk around with a donut and a foot cast because I broke my tail bone and then I broke my foot the night before I went to go get an x-ray for my tail bone.
- I enjoy watching sports. I root for the Indianapolis Colts and Purdue Boilermakers.
- During the summer, I enjoy fishing and golfing.
- I am really good at solving technological problems. I am the first one our family members call if they have an issue.
TEN FUN FACTS ABOUT JESSICA
- Being a mom is my most treasured gift that I have been blessed with.
- I challenge myself with having a bucket list. One of my favorite things I have marked off, would be seeing Niagara Falls. One thing I am excited to mark off is when Tom and I win a dance at a wedding for being married the longest.
- I am always cold!
- I enjoy going to different festivals throughout the year.
- I am the last person you want to ask about driving directions. Nine times out of ten, I’ll get lost along the way.
- Chap stick is with me wherever I go. I cannot leave home without it.
- I can never pass up a trip to Hobby Lobby.
- I enjoy going canoeing and kayaking, until I see a snake, then I just want out of the water!
- I enjoy planning parties and events for others.
- Summer is my favorite season.
FIVE FUN FACTS ABOUT EASTON
- Giving hugs and kisses is something he is always trying to do.
- Easton would live outdoors if we would let him.
- He loves eating healthy foods- if given the choice to select from something sweet and something healthy, he will skip the sweet item almost every time.
- Dinosaurs, tractors, and books are his favorite things.
- Easton cannot wait to be a big brother!