RYAN AND ANNA
Hi! We are Ryan and Anna, a happily married couple from Southern Indiana. We adopted our son, Elijah in 2015 and we are excited to be on the journey to hopefully adopt a second child. Our family life is filled with love, affection, silliness, and adventures, and we cant wait to add another little one to the mix through adoption. We look forward to getting to know you and hearing your story!
We met in 2008 through Anna’s friendship with Ryan’s twin sisters. While Anna initially saw Ryan as a friend, Ryan was certain he would marry Anna from the start- and he was right! We knew we wanted to have a family and while we were in the midst of fertility treatments, we both felt adoption on our hearts. We adopted Elijah in 2015, and here we are again! We are thankful to have an open relationship with Elijah’s birth family. We believe every child is unique and we want you to know that we will love our next child in his or her own special way.
Growing our family through adoption has been one of the most joyful times of our lives! Daily life includes reading books, playing with cars and trucks, going to the park, and singing “Edelweiss” before bed. We like to travel and explore the outdoors but also enjoy just spending time together at home. Some of our favorite trips we’ve taken with Elijah have been to Southern California and Lake Michigan.
We definitely have had challenges in parenting Elijah- from sleepless nights and toddler naughtiness, to a severe gag reflex Elijah had for months. Even through hard times, we would not want life any other way. Our parenting goals are to teach our children to love God and others, to give them strong roots, but also encourage them to work hard to pursue their dreams.
ABOUT ANNA, BY RYAN
The first things that drew me to Anna were her beauty, her smile, and her love for God and people. I loved her laugh and passion for life. Anna is a caring and patient mother, and a fun-loving one! She is very creative and comes up with neat activities to do with Elijah. Anna is also a talented musician and teaches music lessons twice a week. The rest of the time she is home with Elijah, which we are thankful for. It’s also very sweet to see Elijah take after Anna in his love for music. I know Anna will be a great mom to another baby and I can’t wait for that!
ABOUT RYAN, BY ANNA
What initially attracted me to Ryan was his quiet strength. He is kind and caring towards others, smart, hard working, and also has an adventurous spirit. Ryan enjoys his job working with computers, and has fun playing on an ultimate Frisbee team. I’ve loved seeing Ryan become a dad! Elijah gets so excited to see his daddy come home and he copies everything Ryan does. Ryan is a very involved dad and he and Elijah enjoy going out for special daddy-son breakfasts and playing catch with our dog, Sasha. I know Ryan will have a wonderful bond with our next child too!
Elijah is such a friendly and sweet kid! He is very curious and willing to try new things. Some of his favorite things are construction trucks, farm animals, and running around the yard with our dog, Sasha. Elijah likes to build things with tools with daddy and play frisbee outside with him. Elijah has fun doing artwork with mommy and loves to help her make cookies. He is very gentle around his baby cousin Lydia and talks about her all the time. Elijah will be thrilled to be a big brother and show lots of love to another little one!
Both of our families live in Indiana and we see them on a regular basis. Anna is close with all her siblings- Sam, Grace (and her husband, Mike), Rhoda, and Daniel. Grace and Mike have a baby girl named Lydia. Anna’s dad sadly passed away in a car accident in 2011. We all miss him so much, but it has made us appreciate each other all the more.
Ryan has four younger sisters- Ashley (and her husband Nick), Allison (and her husband Luis), Rebecca (and her husband Eric), and Rachel. Allison and Luis have a little boy who was born 3 weeks after Elijah, so the little cousins have lots of fun together! We like to do outdoorsy things with our families and also relax and cook together. Both families have loved Elijah more than we could have imagined and they are so excited to have another little one join the family!
We live in southern Indiana in a friendly, diverse neighborhood where we often see people out taking walks. We enjoy living on a half acre of land while still having neighbors nearby. We have a comfortable home filled with Anna’s artwork and flowers and vegetables from the garden.
Our home is a safe place where it’s ok to make mistakes and we help each other and have fun along the way! We are truly excited to continue to grow our family through adoption. It will be special for this child and Elijah to share the bond of adoption and it will be something we celebrate.
- Reading is my favorite relaxing hobby- I’m a big Jane Austen fan!
- I love oil painting, especially landscapes.
- I lived in Germany for a summer in middle school.
- Making Elijah laugh is the best part of my day!
- My extended family members are some of the best people I know!
- My favorite season is spring.
- I have a big sweet tooth. Cookie dough ice cream is my favorite!
- Being a mom has taught me to slow down and enjoy the little things.
- I was a music major in college- in clarinet! I play piano as well.
- My mom and I like walking around historic neighborhoods together.
- I put together my family’s first computer.
- I enjoy learning about history.
- Elijah learned to give high fives from me!
- I’ve floated in the Dead Sea.
- Surfing with dolphins was one of my neatest experiences!
- I like to travel and have been to 10 countries.
- I’ve gotten good at doing things with one hand and holding Elijah in the other!
- I like to join pick-up sports games in the park.
- Elijah and I have lots of fun building things out of Legos together.
- I really enjoy hiking in national parks.
- Trucks and lawn mowers fascinate me.
- My favorite food is pancakes!
- I love all kinds of dogs.
- I can’t wait to be a big brother!
- I like to play hide and seek with my family.