RYAN AND ANNA –
MATCHED WITH EXPECTANT MOTHER
Hi! We are Ryan and Anna, a happily married couple from Southern Indiana. We adopted our son, Elijah in 2015 and we are excited to be on the journey to hopefully adopt a second child. Our family life is filled with love, affection, silliness, and adventures, and we cant wait to add another little one to the mix through adoption. We look forward to getting to know you and hearing your story!
We met in 2008 through Anna’s friendship with Ryan’s twin sisters. While Anna initially saw Ryan as a friend, Ryan was certain he would marry Anna from the start- and he was right! We knew we wanted to have a family and while we were in the midst of fertility treatments, we both felt adoption on our hearts. We adopted Elijah in 2015, and here we are again! We are thankful to have an open relationship with Elijah’s birth family. We believe every child is unique and we want you to know that we will love our next child in his or her own special way.
Growing our family through adoption has been one of the most joyful times of our lives! Daily life includes reading books about animals, playing with cars and trucks, going to the park or library, and singing “Edelweiss” before bed.
We definitely have had challenges in parenting Elijah- from sleepless nights and toddler naughtiness, to a severe gag reflex Elijah had for months. Even through hard times, we would not want life any other way. Our parenting goals are to teach our children to love God and others, to give them strong roots, but also encourage them to work hard to pursue their dreams.
ABOUT ANNA, BY RYAN
The first things that drew me to Anna were her beauty, her wonderful smile, and her love for God and people. I loved her laugh and passion for life. Anna is a wonderful mother. She’s patient with Elijah; helps him with things, but also encourages him to try things on his own. Anna is a talented musician and teaches music lessons once a week while a trusted friend watches Elijah. The rest of the time she is at home with him, which Elijah and I are thankful for!
ABOUT RYAN, BY ANNA
What initially attracted me to Ryan was his quiet strength. He is kind and caring towards others, smart, hard-working, and also has an adventurous spirit. Ryan enjoys his job working with computers, and has fun playing on an ultimate Frisbee team. I’ve loved seeing Ryan become a dad! Elijah’s first word was “dada” and he gets so excited when daddy gets home. Ryan is a very involved dad and he and Elijah spend lots of time reading books together, playing with cars, and running around the yard with our dog, Sasha.
Elijah is such a friendly and sweet kid! He is curious and likes exploring and playing with sticks and dirt. Elijah loves to ride on his daddy’s shoulders and play frisbee with him. Elijah has fun doing artwork with mommy and loves to help sweep. Animals and bugs are very exciting for Elijah, and he especially loves our dog, Sasha. He is very gentle around our friends’ babies and will bring them toys and talk to them. Elijah will be thrilled to be a big brother and will show lots of love to another little one!
Both of our families live in Indiana and we see them on a regular basis. Anna is close with all her siblings- Daniel, Rhoda, and Grace (and her husband, Mike), and Sam. Grace and Mike are expecting their first baby in September. Anna’s dad sadly passed away in a car accident in 2011. We all miss him so much, but it has made us appreciate each other all the more. Ryan has four younger sisters- Ashley (and her husband Nick), Allison (and her husband Luis), Rebecca (and her husband Eric), and Rachel. Allison and Luis have a little boy who was born 3 weeks after Elijah, so the little cousins have lots of fun together! We like to do outdoorsy things with our families and also relax and cook together. Both families have loved Elijah more than we could have imagined and they are so excited to have another little one join the family!
We live in southern Indiana in a friendly, diverse neighborhood where we often see people out taking walks. We enjoy living on a half acre of land while still having neighbors nearby. Decorations, artwork, and a vegetable garden all help it to feel like home!
- Reading is my favorite relaxing hobby- I’m a big Jane Austen fan!
- I love oil painting, especially landscapes.
- I lived in Germany for a summer in middle school.
- Making Elijah laugh is the best part of my day!
- My favorite season is spring.
- I have a big sweet tooth!
- Being a mom has taught me to slow down and enjoy the little things.
- I majored in music in college.
- My mom and I both love walking around historic neighborhoods.
- My extended family members are some of the best people I know!
- I assembled my family’s first computer.
- I enjoy learning about history.
- Elijah learned to give high fives from me!
- I’ve floated in the Dead Sea.
- Surfing with dolphins was one of my neatest experiences!
- I like to travel and have been to 10 countries.
- I’ve gotten good at doing things with one hand and holding Elijah in the other!
- I love when Anna and Elijah come to watch my ultimate Frisbee games!
- I look forward to when Elijah and I can build things together.
- I really enjoy hiking in national parks.
- I always point out trucks and lawn mowers on our walks.
- I like to stack blocks and cups.
- Doggies are my favorite animal.
- I can’t wait to be a big brother!
- I love to play with any kind of ball.