PHIL AND AMBER
Hi! We are Phil & Amber and we have been together since 2013.
Phil works as an auto mechanic and tow truck driver and also co-owns a car dealership with his father. Amber works as an accountant. We love spending time together and doing things as a family. Outdoor activities, traveling to different museums, antique shopping, and finding fun and unique places to eat are on our list of hobbies. We are animal lovers and have a lifelong goal of visiting at least one zoo in each state. We are very family-oriented and love that our extended family is close-by and we get to spend time with them several times each week. We live in a spacious home on a LOT of land with our 2 dogs and some farm animals, including a mini donkey…lots for children to explore!
Amber is an adoptee which gives her the ability to relate on a special level with our child. Having an open adoption is important to us and we hope to partner with you to help shape this child’s life together!
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We met in 2013 and instantly had a connection. We loved that we felt so comfortable around each other and could completely be ourselves. Amber was instantly drawn to Phil's genuine smile and kind heart. Phil was drawn to Amber's sense of humor, beautiful eyes and pretty smile. We have 3 older girls: Kaylee is 21, Madison is 19, and Ashley is 17. We were attempting to conceive, but Amber had complications leading to a hysterectomy, so we decided to adopt! We are strong believers in everything happens for a reason, and we hope that you connect with our family and we go on this journey together!
WHAT AMBER SAYS ABOUT PHIL
Phil is an amazing guy who's very patient and loves working with children. He has taken in my 3 girls from my previous marriage and is amazing with them. They love and respect him as a father-figure and it's so fun to watch them all together! Phil is a terrific man with a kind heart and a lot of patience. I love that he's such a hard worker and that he really does everything he can to show his family that he loves us. He's my role model and I wouldn't want to live my life without him in it. He makes me a better person and for that I am grateful.
WHAT PHIL SAYS ABOUT AMBER
Amber is a very caring and wonderful mother of 3 girls. I cannot imagine a day without her, she absolutely completes me. She goes out of her way to care for others and she would give you the shirt off her back. I love her sense of humor and she is a very hard worker. I also think the fact that Amber was adopted as an infant gives her amazing insight into the world that we are about to enter, and the ability to connect in a special way to our child.
HOME & COMMUNITY
Life on a farm: We have lots of pets who are all rescue animals and we have become their adopted family as well. We have two dogs, 2 cows, a barn cat, and Bennie our mini-donkey! We are animal lovers and have a lifelong goal of visiting at least one zoo in each state. There is so much space to run around and things to do…a child will never get bored!
We would describe our home as cozy and welcoming. We have an in-ground swimming pool area, a trampoline, and a lot of land to run around on. We have a dark blue sided house with stone accents…4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms plus a fully finished basement. Being on a farm we also have a barn for the animals and a large pole building where Phil runs his business from.
We live in a small but diverse town with a 5-star school system, rated in the top of the state. Our childcare plans include the ability to take several months off from work to spend bonding time with our child, and we are also on a waiting list for a wonderful childcare facility in our town. Phil's parents are also close to retirement and would like to spend as much time during the day with a little one as possible.
VALUES OF PARENTING
Having raised 3 sweet and hard-working daughters, our parenting style has always been firm but loving. We believe in a lot of open communication and instilling a lot of strong work ethic in the children.
Family is always top of our list! We love spending time together all year around and have a lot of family holiday traditions which include in the fall going to the pumpkin patch and picking out and carving pumpkins, and going on hay rides (which our girls still love to do to this day!), loads of Christmas-time family traditions like baking, picking out and decorating a tree, and full family get-togethers.
One of the things we love to do most as a family is bake together. We love sitting around binging on tv baking shows then trying to re-enact the entire thing ourselves!
We fully embrace the idea of an open adoption. Since Amber is an adoptee and has met some of her birth family, this is something we embrace whole-heartedly. We know how important it is to a child's identity! We believe that you are the true hero of the story and plan on teaching this to our child. We hope this is a journey we can partner on with you!
- I was adopted as a baby and have known since I can remember. I’ve also met my birth family just a few years ago—I’d love to tell you all about that!
- I have 4 tattoos. My favorite says “Amare Senza Paura” which is Italian and means “Love Without Fear
- I looooooove food! Therefore, I love to cook & bake, and of course LOVE to eat! Mexican food is my fave!
- I’m possibly addicted to leggings… I love them and they’re the first thing I change into as soon as I get home from work. I’d live in them if I could!
- I like to joke around and I can be pretty quirky.
- I haven't met a person that I don't like; I'm very outgoing and will talk anyone's ears off!
- I can sing – I was always involved in theatre growing up as a child and most recently have been known to sing the National Anthem at local semi-pro baseball games. I'll also sing along to EVERY song in the car, so watch out!
- I can remember every word to every 1980's song (even ones I haven't heard since I was 5), but can't ever remember where I put that cell phone…..
- I’m very real…what you see is what you get. I love to help people and make them laugh.
- I've completed several Tough Mudder and Spartan races.
- To Amber's dislike: my favorite movie genre is Sci-Fi.
- After I finish a glass of water I love to crunch down on the ice and it drives Amber insane!
- I've only had 1 job in my life, I started when I was 15 and I'm still there to this day.
- I can count on one hand the number of days I've missed in those 20 years.
- I have 3 tattoos
- When I go to restaurants I almost always order the same thing every time.
- One of my favorite things to do is wrench around on vintage and classic automobiles. I have several so I'm always out in the shop tinkering around, and I can't wait to share that with our child!
- I’m a junior at Purdue University majoring in Business/Marketing.
- I love to travel and meet new people.
- My favorite show is Grey’s Anatomy and my favorite movie is Harry Potter.
- I am terrible at singing but it’s my favorite thing to do when I am alone
- I think most of my diet consists of Jimmy Johns and cheese curds!
- Anytime I see a dog I almost tear up because it makes me that happy.
- I’m a freshman at Purdue University and my major is Interior Design.
- I love to be artistic and creative every chance I get!
- I’m super organized and I like for things to be as clean as possible or I get frustrated.
- I love pizza so much that one time I went on a “perfect pizza week” where I ate nothing but pizza for lunch and dinner for 7 days!
- I always like to be doing something like hiking, shopping going to the movies. I don’t like to sit still. I feel this way especially when I’m with my family because I love doing “family things”. Family time is what I look forward to most of all.
- Drawing, painting, and writing are my favorite hobbies.
- Makeup is my passion…I’m currently enrolled in cosmetology school through my high school.
- I’m great at helping people when they are sad.
- I’ve had my hair dyed every color of the rainbow in some way, I’m thankful my parents allow me to be creative like that.
- I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue!