Frank & Andy
Hi! We are Frank, Andy, and Lauren.
We met twenty-two years ago and got married in 2016. We always dreamed of starting a family and were blessed to adopt our daughter Lauren in 2013. She has been the shining star in our lives since then. Andy coaches and trains teachers, and Frank manages accounts for a wholesale grocer. As a family, we enjoy traveling, watching movies, playing board games, shopping, and cooking together.
We hope that after learning about us, you will feel the love that surrounds our family and for a child that joins our family through the loving decision of adoption.
Our marriage is strong because we believe that trust and communication are key to making it work! We love to have fun and laugh together! We enjoy spending time together as a family and building that strong foundation. We each have our strengths in the relationship (Frank never touches laundry and Andy steers clear of the kitchen).
Our favorite date nights out are going downtown and checking out a new restaurant. We also love being outside at parks, hiking, and exploring new places.
(written by Andy)
Frank is a big kid at heart! He loves all forms of transportation (cars, trains, and space shuttles). His favorite movie is “Apollo 13” and his favorite TV show is “Star Trek”. Frank is a very hard worker. He has always worked in the supermarket industry and currently works for a wholesale grocer, managing several accounts across the country. Several years ago, Frank decided to go back to school to get his business degree. I am very proud of him for this accomplishment.
One of Frank's favorite things to do is cook. It amazes me that he can cook amazing meals without recipes! I love that he includes Lauren in his cooking and is teaching her so much in the kitchen. He also is our family's “fix-it” man and takes care of the yard.
I have loved watching him parent Lauren. He's such a great dad!
(written by Frank)
Andy is a caring nurturer that is always looking out for others. He love sports; his favorites are tennis and basketball. He plays tennis in a league during the summer and loves watching Duke basketball during the winter months.
Andy has worked in elementary schools his entire life. He has taught first, second, and fourth grades. He loves his current position which allows him to train and coach teachers. In 2006 Andy earned his Master's Degree in Educational Leadership.
His favorite TV show is I Love Lucy. He has passed his love of this show on to Lauren. They watch in the morning before school. Andy has a big sweet tooth and enjoys baking (always with a recipe)!
(written by Frank & Andy)
Lauren has changed our lives incredibly since being born in July of 2013. We were blessed when Lauren's birth parents chose us to parent her. We are so thankful that we got to spend time getting to know them during the pregnancy and after Lauren's birth.
We love parenting Lauren. She amazes us each day with how smart she is and with her eagerness to learn new things. We believe that children need a stable and loving environment to feel safe and loved. We also believe that children need firm and clear expectations for behavior. We also believe that children need exposure to a variety of experience and opportunities including music, sports, and travel to find their passion and interest.
OUR HOME, COMMUNITY & PETS
We live in a wonderful neighborhood on the south side of Indianapolis in a three-bedroom home. We enjoy spending time on our patio and playing ball in the backyard. Our neighborhood is filled with families so there are often children playing outside and get-togethers. We also enjoy our neighborhood park, pool, and walking trails.
Zoey is a Labrador and chow mix who is 12 years old. We also have a mini- golden doodle, Ruby. She is almost a year old. We love taking them on walks in the neighborhood, and they love playing fetch and swimming in the lake. Both dogs love running and playing with Lauren. Lauren loves sneaking them food when we are not looking!
We are so close to both sets of grandparents. They love spending time with Lauren and showering her with attention! We also see both Frank and Andy’s siblings often. Lauren has lots of cousins and loves playing with them. We consider our time with our family to be precious.
We look forward to meeting and getting to know you on this journey!
10 FUN FACTS ABOUT FRANK
- Favorite Place to be: Home with my family
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Walt Disney World
- Favorite Food: Thick crust pizza
- What do I want to do when I grow up? I want to learn how to brew beer!
- My dream job would be to be an astronaut!
- My high school nickname was Frank the Tank! (before Will Farrell made the name popular!)
- My first job was a bag boy at a grocery store, and I still work in the grocery industry today!
- My first car was a Pontiac Firebird.
- My favorite guilty pleasure is coffee flavored ice cream, yet I don't like coffee!
- My top bucket list item: Travel across Europe by train
10 FUN FACTS ABOUT ANDY
- I love watching Hallmark Christmas movies!
- Mexican food is my favorite.
- My first job was roofing houses. I still hate hot weather to this day!
- I once auditioned for Jeopardy!
- Potty training has been my least favorite parenting moment!
- My favorite place is Disney World.
- My dream job would be a college basketball coach.
- College basketball is my favorite! I love March Madness!!
- I love baking recipes that have been passed down from my grandma!
- I love teaching and having summers off is a great perk!
5 FUN FACTS ABOUT LAUREN
- I love Paw Patrol! Marshall is my favorite pup.
- Red is my favorite color.
- My favorite food is pizza.
- I love to swim and play in the water!
- I love to color and paint!