Outreach & Adoption Education Coordinator
- Communicate and collaborate with service providers in the community in order to provide the highest quality of services and communication to our mutual clients;
- Present educational training on issues surrounding adoption to relevant medical and clinic personnel throughout the state of Indiana.
- Present and Facilitate educational workshops on adoption as needed to prospective adoptive parents, and professional colleagues at the local, state and national level;
- Build professional relationships with referral resources;
- Create monthly newsletters for the general public and for professional colleagues;
- Attend monthly staff meetings and other meetings scheduled;
- Seek supervision regularly and as necessary;
- Communication with State agencies and other organizations and institutions;
- Assist the agency in fulfilling and maintaining licensure requirements;
- Additional services to accommodate as agency expands and needs increase;
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
The Outreach & Adoption Training Coordinator must adhere to Adoptions of Indiana’s mission to identify and meet the needs of expectant/ birth families through compassionate and comprehensive adoption services, always remembering and practicing ethical guidelines, standards and high morals. The position requires the ability to work independently, be flexible and responsive, advocate for clients, and work collaboratively with other professionals. This position requires staff to work a combination of virtual, in office and to also some travel throughout the state of Indiana. Staff must adhere to agency and program confidentiality policy at all times. Structured weekly supervision is provided, in addition to as needed support.
This position requires sitting, standing, walking and driving. No heavy lifting is required. Candidate must have their own reliable transportation.
Reports directly to the Executive Director.
1.) Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Social Services/Nursing/Education from an accredited university.
- Experience in formal presentations and training;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on communication and rapport building;
- Professional, approachable, caring, articulate, motivated, reliable, collegial, and resourceful;
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- Excellent communication skills (Written/Spoken);
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to accept supervision and work well as a team;
- Be of good character as evidenced by character references.