CLAY AND JESSICA
We are Clay and Jessica. We’ve been happily married for five years and have looked forward to the joy of starting a family. However, due to infertility, this dream has not yet become a reality. We see this as a first step to share with you about ourselves and hope to be given the opportunity to know you.
We both attended Indiana University with Clay majoring in business and Jessica in elementary education and Spanish. Clay is a manager with an industry-leading security company. Jessica is a second-grade teacher and enjoys the relationships she builds with her students. We are close with our extended families and enjoy spending evenings and weekends visiting, swimming and grilling out together. When we are not spending time with family we enjoy trying new restaurants, hiking, camping and relaxing on our back patio. Through the ups/downs of our infertility, we’ve grown even closer in our relationship with each other and have experienced an outpouring of love and support from our family and friends. They are all so excited about our adoption journey!
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT — OUR FAMILY VALUES
- Acceptance – We love each member of our family fully with no conditions. There is nothing your child could do to make us love them any more or any less.
- Honesty – We are open and honest with one another in our family. We always tell each other the truth even when it’s hard.
- Having Fun Together – We will enjoy the fun things in life together! We’ll have fun hiking, playing in the backyard, taking family vacations, swimming at Jessica’s parent’s pool, playing at the playground, and so much more.
- Pursuing Individual Passions – While family time is a priority, it’s also important for each of us to pursue our own interests. We will support your child in exploring athletics, music, art, or other hobbies.
- Serving Others– Our family will use our talents and time to help others around us in our family, our circle of friends, our community, and the world.
ABOUT CLAY (BY JESSICA)
Clay works leading a finance department of a multi-national company. He’s great at his job and providing for us; even still, he is always committed first to family. I know he is going to make the best dad! He has a very calming personality that puts you at ease immediately. He has the innate ability to get along with people of all backgrounds and is always the first to offer a helping hand for friends and family in need. Clay is also always making me laugh; from his hilarious dance moves to his cheesy jokes, he is so much fun to be around. Clay is also one of the most thoughtful men I know. He often surprises me with chocolates or flowers at work which of course makes my day! Because of the man that he is, our child will always have a strong father figure in their life and will feel like they are the center of his world.
Spending time with his extended family is important to Clay. His sister, brother-in-law, and their two little ones live a short drive down the road. They are excited that our future child will get to be around them often and grow up making memories with them! Clay’s dad, stepmom, mom, and stepdad also live about a two hour drive away. You can be sure that these nanas and paw-paws are anxiously waiting to spoil their future grandbaby and welcome them into our family.
ABOUT JESSICA (BY CLAY)
Jessica is passionate, driven, and nurturing. These qualities make her a natural as a second grade teacher and a wonderful wife. She loves learning about food and staying active (she has run several half marathons and one full marathon!). Jessica also enjoys working on projects in our house, painting, and reading. Her creativity helps her to often find new and exciting ways to teach and connect with her students. The kids in her classroom absolutely love her, and she goes above and beyond to help them have an awesome school year. We are prepared for Jessica to take off at least one year to stay at home once we adopt. As a teacher, every year she also has three two-week breaks and two-month long summers to spend at home. Finally, Jessica is so thoughtful. Sometimes she surprises me with a little treat she picked up while out because she was thinking of me. I’ve seen firsthand what an amazing woman she is, and I know that she will be an incredible mother.
Like me, Jessica is very close to her extended family. Her parents live only 10 minutes away and we see them often for cookouts and swimming in their pool. Her brother, sister-in-law, and two young nephews are also nearby. We love playing dinosaurs, trucks, and anything Paw Patrol with them. We are also close with Jessica’s grandparents who live a few minutes away. Her grandma spent a lot of time with her when she was young, and she (as well as the rest of the family) can’t wait to love on and spoil the newest addition to our family!
We recently moved into a home, located in a great neighborhood and in one of the best school districts in Indiana, that we knew would be a wonderful place for your child to grow up. We have a room we’re already preparing to be the nursery, a cozy living room great for indoor play, and a backyard where your child can run and explore, learn to garden in the raised beds Clay built, and enjoy cookouts with family and friends. We are close to many parks, playgrounds, farmer’s markets, our church, museums, and the zoo…things that every child loves to see and explore!
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
- We will always honor you, speak respectfully of you, and reinforce the love and sacrifice you have made on behalf of your child.
- Your child will grow up in a happy home filled with unconditional love and lots of kisses and hugs.
- Your child will be educated in an excellent school system.
- Your child will have the opportunity to attend college.
- Your child will grow up in a family who sacrifices for and protects one another.
- Your child will have the opportunity to pursue their own passions and interests.
FUN FACTS ABOUT CLAY
- I’m a foodie through and through. I enjoy trying new restaurants as well as trying new recipes at home.
- I can quote a lot of 90s Disney movies.
- Knowing that it is one of Jessica’s loves, I proposed by creating a story through a Pinterest board.
- Fall is my favorite season and isn’t complete without at least one camping trip.
- I broke my first (and only) bone when I was two by jumping on the bed while my mom was in labor with my younger sister.
- I truly enjoy everything about coffee. The smell. The taste. The feeling of holding a fresh cup and taking that first sip.
- I have jumped off a 35 ft. cliff in Jamaica.
- After college, I spent two weeks backpacking through five countries in Europe.
- I played piano for six years when I was younger and played a song for my cousin’s wedding.
- I like to cut down our own Christmas tree each year.
FUN FACTS ABOUT JESSICA
- Though not fully fluent, I can speak Spanish and have taught students in Costa Rica.
- I knew I wanted to be a teacher when I was in 2nd grade, and I’m now a 2nd grade teacher.
- My first concert was the Spice Girls.
- I enjoy crocheting and have made several blankets.
- The Harry Potter movies are my favorite and I watch them at least once a year.
- I have run over ten half marathons and finally ran my first full marathon in 2014.
- I really enjoy being in the sun, whether at the pool or on a beach.
- Through study abroad programs I have lived in three different countries and have visited countries in Europe, Africa and Central America.
- I played violin from 5th-12th grade and still enjoy going to the symphony.
- I LOVE to read, and that is what you will find me doing while on breaks from school.