BRAD AND JEFF –
Hello! We're Brad and Jeff!
We met online a little over 5 years ago. Once we started talking we discovered that we grew up in the same community and had mutual friends.
We got married in Hawaii which was incredible! Jeff plans and coordinates corporate events, and Brad is a firefighter and paramedic. We both love spending time outdoors being active- boating, camping, and taking care of the property we live on. Staying in and watching “our shows” is fun too! We also love running a wedding venue on our property!
We are excited that our strong foundation of friends and family began to build their families and look forward to having a lot of love and support. Can’t wait to meet you!
BRAD ABOUT JEFF
Jeff has such an amazing personality. He works planning and coordinating corporate events, which will come in handy for those birthday parties. Jeff is constantly making people laugh and knows how to make any bad day better. He is an amazing photographer and social media guru who is more up to date on pop culture than TMZ. Jeff is a kid at heart and is so patient with all of our nieces and nephews. I am thankful everyday that I have Jeff to keep me sane and laughing! He will be an amazing dad!
JEFF ABOUT BRAD
Brad is one of the most compassionate and hard working people that I know. His kind heart immediately drew me to him when we met. Brad’s determination and need to continuously learn blows me away on a daily basis. He loves finding the best deal when grocery shopping and his coupon collection will come in very handy when purchasing those diapers! He’s definitely the handyman around our farm who can fix (almost) anything. I love watching Brad interact with our nieces and nephews and I am so excited to see him become a dad!
Family is a huge part of both of our lives. Family surrounds us where we live with both of our parents living close by. Both of us have LARGE extended families. Jeff’s brother and sister in law live less than a mile away and have 3 daughters. He also has a sister and brother in law that live in Colorado, giving us a great get away when they aren’t visiting here. Brad has a sister and brother in law that has 2 boys very active in sports and 1 daughter. We both love to spend time with our nieces and nephews. Whether it be spending a day with them playing baseball, going fishing or riding bikes in the driveway, we absolutely love it. We'll often have sleepovers with the kids and build tent forts and spend an evening watching movies with a big bowl of popcorn!
We plan to use our very excited parents as child care. Both of our mothers have offered to assist with care while we are at work. Their schedules allow each of them to be home a couple of days per week, so we will be able to make a schedule that works for everyone.
We currently live on 10 acres in East Central Indiana. It’s a peaceful setting with lots of space for children to run and play. We live on the farm and built a post frame building finishing it as our temporary home. Our plan is to build our forever home on a big hill in the center of the property in the next couple of years. We have a small creek running through our property and a river within a short walk. During the night we have the best view of the stars around. We love being in the country but close to the city too!
Our dog Cooper and cat Brooks are the best! Cooper is a 10 year old Vizsla. He’s the life of the party and loves to explore the farm and make friends with visitors-both humans and animals. Cooper loves people and can’t get enough belly scratches. Brooks is our resident barn cat who patrols the barn and property. He loves to tease Cooper and chase butterflies in the summertime. It is not unusual to wake up with deer or other animals in our front yard.
10 Facts about Brad
- Growing up I wanted to attend Clown College.
- I drove a horse carriage downtown Indianapolis in college.
- I can save a life but I can’t get a plant to live more than a week.
- I love to cook, bake, and grill.
- Popcorn is my favorite snack of all time.
- I have been an ordained minister for over 10 years and officiated over 50 weddings. Even officiated three of my high school girl friends weddings.
- I have had a dream of owning a Giraffe named Gordon.
- I drove across the country with my 80-year-old grandpa in a U-Haul van and it was one of the most memorable trips of my life.
- I love winter sports but don’t like winter, because it is so cold.
- I love to swim and stay active.
10 Facts about Jeff
- I am a published photographer.
- I love summer and boating.
- A bowl of cool whip and spoon can make all your problems better.
- I am an IU Basketball Fanatic.
- I love to camp and be outdoors.
- I am terrified of snakes and want to run just thinking about them.
- I love to sing in the car to drive Brad crazy.
- The Tupperware cabinet is my nemesis.
- I could eat Taco Bell and Mountain Dew everyday.
- I had pigs, a raccoon, cows, dogs, cats, rabbits, and goats growing up.
Fun facts about Cooper
- I love UTV rides, so much better than walking
- I am terrified of flying bugs
- I love to Party in the BARN!!
- I love to roll in Brooks Poop, put HATE baths
- I love giving attitude
Fun facts about Brooks
- I love to hunt mice and leave the evidence on the porch
- I prefer dog food over cat food
- I poop in the flower beds and watch the dog dig it up
- I chase the ball, just not as quick as Cooper
- I refuse to poop in a box