Ben & Brandie
Hi! We are Ben and Brandie. We’re excited to meet you!
We are best friends, Christians, love the lake life and spending time with our families, friends and fur babies. We are partners in life. We cook together, share household responsibilities, work through tough times together and forgive each other quickly. We share a love for experiencing new things, game nights with our families, walks in beautiful places, dancing, going to church and scenic beach vacations.
You’re looking for the perfect home, community and parents for your little one, and we’re looking to share our love and the love of our families with a child.
Maybe we’re looking for each other?
We met when our families set us up on a blind date. We were so nervous because they didn’t tell us much about each other so we agreed to meet at a Starbuck’s in case things went bad. Five hours later we knew we liked each other so well that we planned an “official” first date to attend the Brickyard 400 the following week in July. A year and half later we married and have been together for seven years. Obviously our families knew what they were doing!
BRANDIE ABOUT BEN
Ben is a school teacher in Indianapolis. He is the most thoughtful, responsible man I know. He is always thinking of others and is my rock. I feel grateful that I can always count on him. Ben is also very handy! He fixed our dishwasher, dryer, air conditioner, my car, our boat, and garage door opener in this past year. Ben is also an amazing uncle to our nieces and nephews. When his sister’s twins were born this year, he fed, changed their diapers and played with them often. The twins love Uncle Ben! He was born to be a father.
BEN ABOUT BRANDIE
Brandie manages clinical trials for several hospitals to help patients access new treatments. She is brilliant, loving, hard-working, and a natural leader. She is all of these things, and still loves to have fun. Brandie introduced me to the lake life and together we share this love. We enjoy going to new places and trying new things together. She leads an active lifestyle and has an incredible gift of making our home beautiful. At a time when good leadership is rare, Brandie is an excellent leader! Also, she has incredible focus and can sit down and read a novel in a day, something I simply could not do. She listens attentively to me when I need it and will make an amazing mother. Brandie has spent countless hours volunteering her time to mentor teenage and college girls. Also, she babysits her nieces and nephews and loves being with them. Starting a family has been a lifetime goal for her.
I come from a family of seven and have a large extended family with two nieces, two nephews and a lot of aunts, uncles and cousins. There are seven siblings on my dad’s side. Many of my immediate and extended families live 15-20 minutes from our house. We are a very close and get together for family gatherings often. Our favorite traditions include a huge family reunion every year (used to be around 100 family members!) as well connecting on the 4th of July at the lakes and Thanksgiving. We are a fun bunch. We often dance, sing and play games together. All of my family is supportive of our adoption journey, and they can’t wait to welcome and share their abundance of love with your child.
I come from a blended family. My immediate family is my mom, two sisters, and two brothers. I have six nieces and nephews. Most live 30-45 minutes from our house. They have been very supportive and often ask for updates on our adoption journey. They are very excited to welcome your child into our family. My nieces and nephews can’t wait to have another cousin to play with during our gatherings. My family loves and supports one another deeply and likes to have fun. We connect throughout the year for birthdays, holidays, cookouts, lake days and game nights (Pictionary is our favorite). Also one of our family traditions is getting together every Christmas Eve for my mom’s seafood (crab, lobster, shrimp, and scallops) and steak feast which is absolutely amazing!
We live in a neighborhood near Indianapolis in a traditional 2 story house warmly decorated with 3 bedrooms, a loft, 3 1/2 baths, finished basement, large wood deck, private fenced-in backyard and access to a boat on a lake. We have plenty of room for a little one and are blessed to have friendly neighbors nearby with small children for future play dates. In our neighborhood you often you see and hear children laughing, dogs greeting each other, neighbors chatting during cookouts, ducks and geese quacking, and boats cruising on the water. Close by is a community pool, tennis court, a top rated elementary school, beautiful Fort Benjamin Harrison State Park and many of our families and friends.
OUR FUR BABIES
We have three loving pets, our 10 year old miniature pinscher, Bosco, and two 8 month old kitties, Bailey (boy) and Bristol (girl). All three are friends. Bosco loves to cuddle and play with kids. Bailey likes to hang out with you wherever you are and talks a lot. 🙂 And Bristol is a pretty, sweet little kitty. She will come out a few times at night to say “hi” and love on us. All three of them will absolutely adore and love your child.
PARENTING AND OPENNESS
We promise to you that your child will know how much you love him or her and be respected as an individual. We will always love and value your child no matter what. We will encourage your child to be all that God created him or her to be, and we know that someday you will be very proud of who your child becomes.
Also, we understand that you and your child connecting is very important. We will be glad to share letters and pictures and discuss more (face-to-face visits). Know that we want this for you both.
Fun facts about Ben
- I love kids! I have been a school teacher for the past 9 years.
- I have a big family that is loving, fun and crazy! They were once selected for the Family Feud show!
- I love to run. Running keeps my healthy and sane!
- I love the outdoors. My grandfather always took us on family trips including the Grand Canyon and Colorado, and I want to do that with my kids someday.
- I am a scuba diving instructor, and I used to take my students on scuba diving trips to introduce them to scuba diving.
- My family is celebrating lots of new born babies. My sister just had twins and many cousins had babies this year, so the timing is perfect for our addition.
- I can speak Spanish, which helps me in teaching and when we take vacations to Mexico.
- I have a boat and Jet Ski and love being on the water.
- I played basketball, soccer and volleyball in high school and sometimes still play basketball.
- I love my dog Bosco, our miniature pinscher. He is 10 years old and loves children.
Fun facts about Brandie
- I love watching TV shows. I can’t live without my Hulu, Amazon Prime Video and Netflix!
- My favorite food is barbeque pepperoni and sausage pizza from Pizza King. I crave it every week!
- I totally can’t handle scary movies. I get nightmares for days and no sleep!
- I mentored six college girls this past year. Learned a lot from them.
- I’m a glamping kind of girl. I’d rather jump into a moving car then camp in a tent, Lol.
- Played basketball as a kid and went to the final four. Still can hoop a bit.
- I’m always spilling drinks or getting food on my clothes. It’s a running joke with my friends. I keep them entertained daily!
- Exercise and I have a love/hate relationship. I love how I feel when I regularly exercise but I hate every minute doing it.
- I like reading. I love romantic thrillers. I will stay up all night reading a book I can’t put down because it is so good.
- I adore my two kitties. My co-workers found them in a shed last winter, and they were so cute I had to take them home to be a part of our family.