Kyle & Anna
Hi! We are Kyle, Anna, and Elliott.
We adopted Elliott in 2015 to be part of our little, happy family and are so excited to add another little one to the clan!
We’ve been together for over a decade now and feel blessed to have found each other and share this life together. Kyle celebrated his 15 year anniversary as an Engineer working at a local pharmaceutical company. Anna works part time as a graphic designer and online shop owner selling holiday and event printables. We love spending time together as a family. Family dinners, game nights, nature walks, and laughing together are things that we cherish.
Having an open adoption is important to us. We look forward to getting to know you and your hopes and dreams for your child!
We met over 10 years ago while at an art gallery open house and there was an instant spark! We started dating and never looked back. We do almost everything together and love all our time spent as a family. A decade later we truly are best friends and find the more we support each other, the stronger our bond becomes.
We are caring and fun-loving parents who believe that there’s good and fun to be found in every day. The heart of our family is our animated and cheerful four-year-old, Elliott, who’s always full of love, laughter, and lots of imagination.
ANNA ON KYLE
Kyle is a caring and generous husband who goes out of his way to do whatever he can to take care of his family. I’m so lucky to have him in my life! He’s worked as a validation engineer with a great local company for over 15 years, mostly on projects at a pharmaceutical company. He’s passionate about music and has sung in choirs ever since he was in middle school. He’s sang with a local mid-sized choir for around 12 years. He and his group had the opportunity to sing the national anthem several times last year for Indy 11 soccer matches and in front of 20,000 fans for FC Cincinnati. He also loves sports…like nearly every sport. He watches football and soccer with Elliott and they enjoy yelling a big “goal” together whenever there’s a score.
It fills my heart with so much joy to watch all the little things Kyle does for Elliott like ‘eating’ the pretend food that Elliott always gives us, hanging out in a cardboard fort they made together, and having races on slides at the playground by our house. They’re usually playing outside together in the summer or doing yard work together in the fall and spring (Elliott’s a great helper!). When they’re not outside, Kyle helps Elliott build tall block towers, marble runs, or I can usually find them giggling or playing hide and seek.
KYLE ON ANNA
The first time I met Anna, I was immediately struck by her beauty and amazing smile. Once I got to know her better, I saw how kind and caring she is, and knew she would be an excellent wife and mother.
Anna does part-time graphic design work for her Etsy shops and plans to branch out into more online shopping venues in the years ahead. Her passion is making our house feel like a home-whether it’s cooking, decorating, crafts, or home improvement projects. She also dabbles in woodworking and has made some of the furniture that we use in our house every day.
Since we adopted Elliott, she’s really enjoyed working part-time and having the extra days to play with Elliott and run errands together. She calls him her little sidekick. I love seeing her goofing around with Elliott and making all of us laugh. She plans to stay home with our new little one too once he or she arrives.
Elliott has been our greatest adventure! It’s amazing how much one little person can bring with him such joy, such wisdom in his unique and innocent view of the world, uncountable laughs, and such a capacity for love.
Elliott loves playing with pretend food and helping mommy bake. He holds the measuring spoons while Anna pours ingredients and he’s getting pretty good at cracking eggs too! He also loves craft time at home with paper cutouts, markers, and glue. He has a big imagination and takes us on imaginary airplane rides and opens up a daily cupcake or donut shop in his room before bedtime. We help build a love of learning whenever we can, which we like to believe is why he’s starting to read even though he’s only 4 years old.
We adopted Elliott when he was 5 months old. He came to us the week after Mother’s Day and I was very happy that Elliott’s birthmom got to spend her first Mother’s Day with him. We have an open relationship with her and enjoy staying updated on each other’s lives.
Parenting for us has simultaneously been the most rewarding and most challenging experience of our lives. Being a parent is filled with countless regular, every-day moments and we try to remember that it’s those same moments that are opportunities to teach, act with kindness, give affection, and just plain be silly.
For each of us, our parents were always some of the most positive and encouraging people in our lives and we want to be the same to our kids. We’re continuously trying to foster a sense of openness and love in our home. We want our kids to grow up believing that life is full of joy and that they have the ability to choose to act with kindness and love.
Parenting isn’t always easy, but we do whatever we can to make sure Elliott is surrounded with love, has lots of room to grow, and is raised to be the best person he can be. We’re so excited to grow our family again through adoption and know Elliott will make a great big brother!
Family is important to us and the three of us spend a lot of time with Anna’s parents and Kyle’s parents and brothers and sisters. We all love spending time together so much it takes us about 4 rounds of hugs and 10 minutes just to say goodbye to each other whenever we’re together. We enjoy taking family trips with our parents and brothers and sisters.
Holidays at our house are crazy, but cheerful occasions as we squeeze in visits to 3 family’s houses in one day just to make sure we get to celebrate with all the closest parts of our family. Elliott loves running around with his cousins and shoving slices of pie in his face at every stop! Right now we have 4 nephews and lots of cousin close to Elliott’s age. Our siblings plan to have more kids in the future so our little ones will have lots of cousins to grow up with!
We’ve lived in Brownsburg for over five years, in a peaceful neighborhood nestled into the suburbs just west of Indianapolis. We didn’t want to move again anytime soon so we found a big house with room to grow. We love the nice people and great schools here! The 3 of us spend lots of time walking on our neighborhood’s wooded trails and soaking up the sun at our neighborhood pool.
Our two cats, Reesey and Tiger can usually be found lounging on our bed especially if it’s a sunny day. Reesey has recently been on a kitty adventure streak, sneaking out to our vegetable garden if the back door is left open for more than 10 seconds. Elliott’s usually quick to help corral her back in. We spend as much time as we can outside in our neighborhood and in the local parks over the summer.
GROWING OUR FAMILY
Elliott has been the biggest blessing in our lives and we’re incredibly excited to be growing our family again through adoption and multiplying that blessing times two! We’re very thankful for our relationship we have with Elliott’s birthmom, and can see how much open adoption benefits everyone involved.
- I lived in a tent for 5 weeks in my mid twenties while I visited several national parks.
- My favorite holiday is Christmas. Seriously, I get sooo excited for Christmas!!
- I make Kyle take us out for Indian food for my birthday each year – it’s my favorite!
- When I was 21, I taught myself how to wire a breaker box and install sinks and toilets after I bought my first house (talk about a fixer upper!)
- My mom taught me how to sew when I was little so when I split my pants in 3rd grade, I repaired them myself, haha.
- I love crafty stuff including sewing, embroidery, refinishing furniture, and have recently been learning modern calligraphy.
- I love to laugh! Elliott does too so we’re a fantastic combo.
- I grew up in the country on a gravel road and find the drive out to my parents’ house to be so relaxing.
- I love nature and try to incorporate a lot of natural elements into our home’s interior to keep us feeling a little more connected to the outdoors.
- I really like board games and so does our extended family so when we get together the adults usually play games after the kids go to bed.
- I was in the Boy Scouts and made it up to Life Scout, which is just below Eagle Scout.
- Soccer was my favorite sport growing up, and I played for 10 years.
- I’ve been on over 100 different roller coasters, and Anna and I have gone skydiving together 2 times!
- My dad has Green Bay Packers (my favorite team) partial season tickets, this past season we saw a crazy tie against the Vikings at Lambeau Field.
- Christmas is my favorite holiday, it’s when I have the most time with all my family!
- I saw 3 cities in China and the Great Wall on a choir trip.
- My company does fun team-building activities, we’ve done axe throwing, a cooking competition, TopGolf, and our annual Christmas dinners.
- I once went on a 3 day canoeing trip with a friend in a large Canadian park and paddled around beaver dams and moose.
- When I have free time, I like to brew my own small batches of beer.
- My favorite food is pizza, and the best one I’ve had is deep dish in downtown Chicago.