Jason & Jonathan
Hello! We’re Jason and Jonathan; nice to meet you! We’ve been together for over 10 years, and live outside Indianapolis with our dog, Bentley. We love to host dinner parties, take road trips, and go to concerts. We’re looking forward to growing our family, and hope to meet you soon.
In 2012, we met through Match.com. After numerous phone calls, we met up and hit it off immediately. Ever since then, we’ve been inseparable and love spending time together. We believe in treating everyone with kindness, and respect. We believe in helping others, and standing up for what is right. Anger and yelling doesn’t solve problems. As a couple, we find it important to listen to each other, validate each other’s feelings, and learn from each other. Just like we would teach our child, we always try to do the right thing. As with all couples, it hasn’t always been easy. In 2018, Jason was diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. After 6 months of chemo, scans, and lots of side effects, we are so proud to say that Jason has been cancer free for 4 years!! We are so grateful for all the doctors and medicine. It only helped strengthen our relationship, and we know that we can conquer anything life throws at us.
Jason from Jonathan’s Perspective:
Jason and I met over 10 years ago on Match.com. After spending 5 minutes with him, I knew this man was someone special. Jason has the driest sense of humor, and there isn’t a day that goes by that he doesn’t make me laugh. All of our friends call Jason the “dad” of the group. He’s always preparing itineraries, making lists, doing house projects, planning trips, taking care of everyone, and on and on. Jason is the most selfless person I know, and would do absolutely anything for anyone. I’m so thankful that he messaged me all of those years ago. He is my best friend, and I couldn’t imagine a life without him.
Jonathan from Jason’s Perspective:
I met Jonathan online through Match.com. After meeting I was quickly drawn to his confident energy. He was, and still is the funniest person I know. I love being married to Jonathan, because he makes me laugh everyday. He brings out my daring side, and makes me get out of my comfort zone. We balance each other. We’re best friends, and a team in life. He supported me through school, jobs, moves, and my cancer. I couldn’t imagine going through this life with anyone else.
We are so fortunate to have a huge support system of many family members, and friends in the surrounding area. Everyone we know is so excited to meet our future child, and trust us, they will be so spoiled! We both have siblings with young children. One nephew is almost three, and another almost one year old. We also have a large extended family on both sides with young children. We love spending time with our families, doing a wide array of activities ranging from summers at the lake with Jason’s extended family, to sporting events and weekend trips with Jonathans family. They will immediately have playmates, and lots of friends. It takes a village to raise a child, and all of us are so excited and ready for this amazing adventure!
We live in a great, family orientated neighborhood, in an Indianapolis suburb. Our house has a fenced yard, a community pool, trails, and playground. There are so many wonderful families in our neighborhood, and we’ve formed great relationships. It’s a great place to raise a family!
It is important to us that our child grows up with respect, integrity, kindness, and compassion. To keep it simple, we just want our child always thinking about doing the right thing. We will never tell our child “because we said so.” We want to have an open dialogue with our child, and want them to always feel valued and respected. We already have a wonderful daycare lined up that is 5 minutes from our house! They are very well respected, and have been used by many in our neighborhood.
Our future child will have so many fun adventures to look forward to! For starters, we LOVE Christmas. We have so many decorations, both inside the house and outside. Our house literally transforms into a winter wonderland! We love traveling, and taking vacations. We have a dog named Bentley, who will be 11 in September. He’s the most spoiled puppy in town! For his 10th birthday last year, we hosted a big birthday party with all of his favorite foods, people, and lots of toys, treats, and a dog cake. He loves spending time with daddies, playing frisbee, and getting lots and lots of rubs.
When we got married in 2019, it most definitely wasn’t your typical wedding. In fact, we got married on Netflix!!! The show is called “Say I Do,” and we are Episode #6, “In Sickness and in Health.” The episode documents what we went through as a couple, dealing with cancer, talking about how we met, all culminating in one surprise wedding! You also get to see the total Christmas obsession, meet our dog Bentley, see our story on how we want to adopt, and truly get to see the amazing support system that we have with our friends and family. We encourage you to watch to get an introduction into us as a couple, and see how much we love each other, and how much we’d love our child.
We are so looking forward to meeting you, and learning more about you and your family. Please reach out with any questions you may have. We are so excited to grow our family!
- I was in Marching band in high school where I played the clarinet
- Orange is my favorite color
- Reality tv is my guilty pleasure, Jersey shore, Below Deck, Survivor, and big brother to name a few
- I am a sweets and candy fanatic!
- Summer is my favorite time of year
- My family has an annual bowling tournament for thanksgiving
- Mexican is my Favorite Food
- I've Traveled to Europe, and the Caribbean
- I traveled to Japan when I was in high school with my choir, and toured the country.
- Winter is my favorite season!
- Wicked is my favorite musical, and I've seen it 5 times!
- Pizza King is my absolute favorite pizza!
- I am obsessed with Christmas.
- My bucket list goal is to visit every MLB ballpark.
- I watch way too many tv shows.
- I played tennis all through school.
- Costco is my favorite store, and I must try all the samples.
- I love watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade. The Sesame Street float is still my favorite to this day!
- For my 10th birthday, my dads hosted a big birthday party with all of my favorite foods, people and toys.
- I love spending time with my daddies, enjoying lots and lots of rubs.
- Frisbee is my favorite!
- I love following my nephews around, picking up all of the food that they drop on the floor.
- My favorite foods are McDonald’s cheeseburgers, bacon, fries, and carrots, but only if they are dipped in ranch.
- I was the “puppy of honor” at my daddies’ wedding, and stood up there while they were getting married.
- I even had a tuxedo and everything!
- My other favorite thing to do is take naps, which I’m going to go do right now.