Chad & Jenna
Hi! We are Chad and Jenna. We met shortly after college, have been together for 10 years and married for 6. We live south of Indianapolis with our dogs Lucy and Ollie. Chad is a Technology Consultant in automation engineering and Jenna is a Commercial Development Manager for a biotechnology company. Together, we enjoy taking our dogs for walks, playing golf, trying new restaurants, traveling, and spending time with our family and friends. We are excited to begin our family, and we can’t wait to meet you!
We met in 2011 at a party through a mutual friend. We were both attracted to each other but did not express interest for a few months, at which point Chad asked me to dinner for our first date. We dated for 3.5 years before we got engaged, and we married in 2015. We are best friends and enjoying spending time together. We lean on each other during difficult times, and we celebrate each other during the goods times. Our marriage and our commitment to one another is something that we care deeply about and prioritize as the starting foundation for our family.
Our Home and Community
We live in a beautiful and active neighborhood full of families. Our home is a 4-bedroom, 3.5 bath ranch on 1/3 acre. We have already started our nursery in preparation for our newest family member, and we cannot wait to finish it once we know our little one is on the way. Our neighborhood has sidewalks for our almost daily walks with our dogs, a park, and is located between two excellent schools. We live close to several large parks, and we enjoy the amenities of a large suburb but the feel of a small town. In the summers, you can find us outside playing a pickup game of softball in the yard with our niece and nephew, helping them and their neighborhood friends with lemonade stands on our driveway, and swimming and playing a variety of games in Jenna’s brother’s pool. In the winter, we love sledding and snowboarding in the back yard, building snowpeople, and having snowball wars (which we somehow always lose to our niece and nephew).
About Chad from Jenna
Chad is the most handsome goofball I have ever known. He is kind, funny, caring, protective, committed and the absolute best uncle for our nieces and nephews. He is a hard worker who maximizes his time every day to work hard and play hard. Watching Chad grow and evolve as a husband and prepare to be a father has been one of my greatest joys in life. Chad is a good listener, and he finds ways to connect with our nieces and nephews through various activities like playing sports in the yard, playing video games, playing board games, coloring, and doing puzzles. He will be the most amazing dad, and his child(ren) will undoubtedly have a favorite playmate in him.
About Jenna from Chad
Jenna is passionate, energetic, emotionally intelligent, and a leader. Jenna is extremely observant of other’s emotions and can tune into that very quickly. She cares deeply about how those around her are feeling and why they are feeling that way. This is one of my favorite traits of Jenna.
Jenna will be an amazing mother. She will drop everything to babysit our niece and nephew, play with them in the backyard, or attend their sporting events. Jenna loves her family above everything else, and I cannot wait to watch her love grow as we grow our family.
Our Extended Family
Both of our families live in Indiana. Jenna’s immediate family lives in Greenwood, with her brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew living next door and her mom living within 5 minutes. Chad’s immediate family lives in Delphi, with his brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew living within 20 minutes of his parents. Both of our parents are extremely excited for their 3rd grandchild, and they can’t wait to spoil them with love and most likely toys, books, and games too! Jenna has a large extended family, some of which live in our neighborhood and we see every week and others which are spread out across the country and we enjoy visiting. Our favorite place to visit is Vail, Colorado where we love playing in the mountains with Jenna’s uncle and his family.
Our families are everything to us, and our child will be the center of our universe. We will build an environment of love, encouragement, guidance, fun, humility, and kindness for our child, and we will support his or her emotions, needs, interests and hobbies throughout his or her life. We believe in providing unconditional love, support and guidance, and we will encourage our child to spread his or her wings and try new things knowing that we will be here to support them the entire way.
We both work from home most days, but there are occasional meetings we must attend outside of the home or on work trips. We have a lot of control over our work schedules, so our child will always be our priority and never compete with our careers. We both have parental leave from work that we will utilize, and we will utilize a combination of self-care for our child and in-home care by Jenna’s mom and other relatives once we return to work.
We value openness in this process. We will honor your family traditions, interests and hopes for your child, and we promise to celebrate you and your heritage throughout our child’s life. We want the best for our child, and we truly believe that the more love and support, the better.
We appreciate the time you have taken to read some about us, and we hope that it provided some insight into the life we have built together. We welcome any questions you may have, and we hope to have the opportunity to get to know you!
- I’m a bit of nerd. I love tinkering with electronics and anything technology related.
- My favorite toy as a child was Legos. I secretly buy them for my nephews just so I get a chance to play with them.
- I love home DIY projects. I finished much of our basement with the help of my father, brother, and brother-in-law.
- I’m 6’ 6” and surprisingly terrible at basketball. My niece won’t let me live down that I shot the ball over the backboard in a recent game of knockout.
- I love to golf. I have a group of friends that play every Thursday, and Jenna and I play regularly on the weekends.
- I grew up in a small town in northern Indiana. My graduating high school class was only 90 people.
- My first job was a ride operator at Kiddy-land at Indiana Beach.
- I work out regularly to keep myself healthy and fit but also love a good cheeseburger.
- Jenna and I love to travel. On our honeymoon we created a bucket-list of places to go and randomly draw one each Christmas to visit the following year. Thus far we have been to Boston, Las Vegas, New York City, London, Normandy, and Paris.
- My parents just celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary. They are an inspiration to me, and they would love nothing more than to be grandparents to another child.
- My mom is one of 10 children, so I have a huge extended family.
- I could live on ice cream.
- I live next door to my brother and his family on one side and my cousin and his family on the other side.
- I squeal anytime I see a puppy.
- I love being outdoors and enjoying all seasons.
- Listening to live music is one of my favorite summer activities.
- I don’t have a creative bone in my body, but I’m never afraid to try and the result is always worthy of a good laugh.
- My favorite winter activity is snow skiing.
- I am terrified of heights and spiders.
- I love to travel and experience new places, scenery, cultures, foods, music, and traditions.
- We are best friends, but we can’t wait to have a hooman sister or brother.
- We are each around 7 lbs, but we think we’re the biggest dogs in the neighborhood.
- We are obsessed with carrots and run to the kitchen at the sound of the fridge opening.
- We are terrified of rain, and as soon as it starts, we run to our dad for him to hold us.
- I wait for my dad to take off his socks every night so I can steal them and hide them (Ollie).
- I am the happiest dog you’ll ever meet, and I make new friends every time we go for walks (Lucy).
- Our favorite time of year is when mom and dad mulch the yard and we can steal pieces.
- We LOVE kids because they’re our size!