Ashley & Dan
Hello! We are excited to share a little about us and get to know you! We have been married 3 years and are best friends! Dan is a pilot and Ashley is completing her degree to teach preschool and works in customer service in the interim. We love to do outdoor activities together, like riding bikes and hiking trails and visiting new parks. We also enjoy playing some sports together, like disc golf and going to the driving range. Ashley is determined to get good enough to beat Daniel, at least once! Our greatest passion is probably cooking together though, we both really enjoy being in the kitchen and trying new things. We live in a suburb west of Indianapolis and are sandwiched between a cornfield and a horse farm, so it feels very country, but we are still only 5 minutes from town. We really love the peace and quiet.
Dan has been a pilot for the last 14 years. He is currently in training to be a First Officer for an airline. Before that he was a flight instructor, teaching people how to fly airplanes. Ashley has been in customer service for about 12 years now. She is currently finishing up her degree in Early Childhood Education, with plans to teach preschool. Ashley is currently spending time in a special need’s preschool classroom, and she really loves working with young children and helping them learn and grow!
Ashley, from a young age, knew she was unable to have children. From the beginning of our relationship, we knew we would adopt when the time was right. We have learned so much about open adoption in our education classes and understand how important developing a relationship with a birth family is for an adoptee.
ABOUT DANIEL (FROM ASHLEY)
Daniel is first and foremost a goofball. He is outgoing and can make a new friend anywhere he goes, whether they agree to it or not, he’s persistent. He loves to laugh and joke around, and we are always being silly together. He is extremely loving, caring, and dedicated to being the best husband. I know that he will be the same when it comes to being a father. He will be a very involved dad, and our child will know they are loved and cared for, just as I do. I am a little worried that the kids won’t be able to keep up with him though, he has the most energy of anyone I know. Whether it means he is coaching little league or hosting tea parties, he will be there, because that’s the kind of guy he is, and the kind of father I know he’ll be!
ABOUT ASHLEY (FROM DANIEL)
Ashley is a very caring and energetic person. She has a semi-reserved personality, but is very outgoing once she gets to know someone. She will be very good at teaching good, strong morals and values to our child and seeing that they understand the importance of those morals and values. She will also be very loving and understanding. Ashley is very good at listening to people and hearing what they are saying, so she will be very good at communicating with our son or daughter and helping them learn and grow with all the support they will ever need. She truly has unconditional love for the people she cares about, and will instill the importance and value of this into our child.
We live in a safe and active community. There are many things to do, parks to visit, and many different social opportunities offered. We really enjoy the ability to have the rural living feel, with all of the big city amenities. Our home is located in a small development that consist of primarily families with younger children. Our county is known for having an excellent school system, and there are many great daycares and preschools in town for younger aged children.
We spend a lot of time with our families, they are a very important part of our lives. Dan’s mom and dad both live in the area, and they are both recently retired and looking forward to becoming grandparents again. Dan’s late brother has two teenage daughters they are grandparents to also, however they currently live in Texas, so we don’t get to see them as much as we’d like. Ashley’s family lives in Florida, which is always a good reason for a beach vacation! This will be Ashley’s parents’ first grandchild, and they are already talking about moving. Ecstatic is the best word I can think of to describe them becoming grandparents. Lastly, the monster of the family is our spoiled fur baby Jables. He is a 7lb Chihuahua. Jables is 12 years old, and he thinks he is the boss of the house. He is excited to be a big brother too!
We value family, communication, adventure, and love. We can’t wait to meet you and develop a relationship with you centered around this child. We are an open book too and welcome any questions that you have!
- I am a huge fan of anything mystery, it scares Dan when I watch the Snapped marathons!
- Some of my favorite shows include: Parks & Rec, Friends, The Office, Schitt’s Creek, American Housewife, and The Middle (a must watch if you live in Indiana).
- I don’t care for scary movies or like being scared. So naturally, Dan loves to pop out from behind stuff to see if he can make me scream.
- Family called me and my brothers the A,B,C and 1,2,3 kids. We are all one year apart, and our names are Ashley, Brian, and Chris. I am the oldest.
- I love to change things up, and move the furniture around every couple of months. It drives Dan crazy!
- I lived within minutes of my family my whole life, until moving to Indiana last year.
- I originally went to school for interior design, and I love decorating the house.
- I am a bit of a neat freak, I can’t stand a mess.
- I am pretty good at playing pool. I learned from my dad, we had a pool table when I was growing up.
- I scream in my sleep.
- I am a joker, and I do really good voice impressions.
- I also love to barbecue. So much that I built my smoker a house!
- I have webbed toes. I can’t swim any better though!
- I have played golf since I was 10.
- I love spending time with my family.
- I am a nerd for anything Lord of The Rings.
- Tolkien is my favorite author.
- My favorite trip was a 3-week tour camping in the western U.S. when I was 12 with my dad and brother. The Grand Tetons were my favorite part.
- My favorite video game is Star Wars Battlefront.
- I like horseback riding.
- I sleeps about 22 hours a day. A dog has to get his beauty rest!
- My favorite place in the world is under a pile of warm laundry.
- I get along with cats, but don’t tell the other dogs. I don’t want to ruin my reputation!
- I only have a few teeth left.
- I never gets more excited than when I gets to go to Grandma and Grandpa’s house!