Andrew & Foster
Hi! We are Andy and Foster; we have been married for 4 years and are excited to become parents. Foster is a customer service representative, from Kentucky, and Andy is from the UK, and a manager in a small engineering company. We love living in Indy! Together we enjoy playing video and board games, traveling, reading, going to movies and live theatre, and walking our dog, Max. Spending time together as a family is very important to us, and we are grateful to have made many friends locally to also share our time with. We value communication, laughter, time together, and making memories. We look forward to getting to know you!
FOSTER (BY ANDY)
I knew Foster was someone worth spending time with when our first date started with lunch and ended at 10pm. He’s easy-going, something that definitely came in handy going by the antics of his kids when he taught pre-school! He’d tell me stories about his day while we prepared dinner together, and still does even though his job has moved on. Working in customer service he’s found a rewarding and challenging position where he gets to do his favorite thing again, help people. Foster loves to spend time with friends, but enjoys fun times at home playing games or just watching tv together. He is kind and caring – one of my favorite things about him is that he will go find wherever our dog has fallen asleep to say goodnight before going to bed himself. I know he will be a wonderful father and it is very exciting to be going on this adventure with him.
ANDY (BY FOSTER)
I met Andy for the first time on a cold, dreary Sunday in March. What was meant to be a simple lunch date turned into an all-day event! I was initially drawn to his smile and his accent, but I quickly learned that there were so many other things that I loved about this man. Over five years of being together, I still enjoy his cooking, his ambitious nature, his goofiness and his dad jokes every day! He enjoys running quite a lot. He has completed four marathons, and he even motivated me to do three mini-marathons. He is just as content with dressing up and having a night out on the town as he is having a night in watching a movie and having pizza. I love how he lives life to the fullest and has introduced me to things I never thought I would do, including skiing, hiking in the mountains and traveling overseas. When he sets out to do something, he always puts his full effort into it. I love how excited he is to play with our friends’ children, and I am so excited to see him as a dad. We’ve had so many adventures together over the last six years, and I’m so excited for the greatest adventure of all when we get to be fathers together.
Although neither of us is from Indiana originally, we’ve enjoyed settling in here and making our house a home. One of our favorite habits is sitting in our comfy chairs in front of the fireplace on dark winter mornings with our books and a nice cup of tea! In the summer we can go to the fire pit we built out in the back yard or relax on our new deck – perfect for inviting friends over for a cookout too. And in the evening the finished basement is a cozy place to watch tv – Max has his own spot on the couch! It’s not a big house but it feels like the perfect size to add one more (small) person and we’ve been excited to think about creating their own special spaces. We like walking our dog around the neighborhood and saying hi to the kids playing in their front yards – the whole area is quite walkable which is important for us. It gives us a lot of options for nice restaurants and coffee shops to spend quality time together, as well as parks.
We have a good group of friends that we can play games or share holiday traditions with, and sometimes babysit for! Our extended family may be a little further away but are still a valuable source of support and advice and excited about extending that family a little further. We grew up with parents who were interested in our lives and created opportunities for us and we see ourselves as partners with any child in their own journey to a fulfilling and happy life. Having worked through some issues in our own relationships we know the importance of love, commitment, boundaries and grace.
We’re very excited (and a little nervous!) to begin this new adventure with you!
- I have completed three Tough Mudder races, one in Chicago and two in Michigan.
- I was in the band in high school and college, playing the French Horn.
- I’ve always loved game shows, this began with my obsession with Wheel of Fortune at age two.
- I have seen the musical Wicked five times, including once in London.
- My favorite author is Stephen King.
- My favorite candy is Reese’s peanut butter cups, especially the seasonal ones (they have more peanut butter in them!)
- My favorite holiday is Halloween.
- When I was 11 years old, I broke two teeth when I lost control on a trampoline.
- I’ve kept a journal for the last four years that I write in most days, it’s a great way for me to unwind and reflect at the end of the day.
- I have a bit of an obsession with Sharpies and don’t like to write with anything other than Sharpie pens!
- I play the clarinet in a local wind ensemble.
- Crocheting is an off and on hobby, my best accomplishment was a “Wicked” messenger bag for a musical-obsessed friend.
- Favorite pie is rhubarb, though I prefer it as a crumble.
- I was an air cadet in school and my longest solo flight was 2 hours.
- Once I petted a cheetah in Africa.
- I’ve finished 4 marathons but only technically ran 1 of them.
- Everyone seems to love my accent.
- I’m allergic to very specific kinds of fish, but love sushi!
- I spent half my childhood in a village of 400 people, and the rest in a city of 7 million.
- I’ve been bitten by a lion
- I love chasing squirrels in the woods. I haven’t caught one yet, but I know I will one day!
- I love sitting by my daddies and watching them eat dinner every night. If I’m super patient, I usually get a bite or a treat at the end!
- I get to go play with my friends at day camp once a week every week. It’s my favorite day, but I’m tired when I come home!
- I love when my daddies have friends over. They usually play games or eat lots of food, but I know they really come to see me.
- I love chasing frisbees and rubber balls, but I don’t like to give them up when my daddies try to play fetch with me!
- My daddies say that I’m the best boy. They give me the best cuddles and belly rubs!
- I hear them talk about becoming daddies to a human baby; I don’t know what that means exactly but I’m excited!!