Chad & Brian
Hello! We are Chad and Brian and are thrilled that you’re taking the time to learn about us. We live in suburban Indianapolis with our dogs (Riley and Maggie) and cat (Frank). We met while students at Butler University and have been together for eighteen years. Chad is a Physician Assistant and works in a hospital. Brian is a Pharmacist and works in the pharmaceutical industry. We are really looking forward to being dads and growing our human family. . .and the dogs are excited too!
Our Origin Story
We first met in a tennis class at Butler. Brian was in the more “advanced” group (though we were both amateurs), but we did have the chance to play a few matches together during the course. A mutual friend later reintroduced us, and an amazing friendship developed. The friendship eventually turned into a relationship, and the rest is history. After graduation, we moved to Miami, where we built a life together. Family and career opportunities brought us back to where it all began, and we’ve been loving life in Indy since 2015.
Neither of us really knows adult life without the other and we have experienced a lot together: job changes, moves, property purchases, the passing of loved ones, now children; we’ve done it all together with success. We are best friends, we enjoy doing things as a couple, and find that life together is just better.
We have a solid relationship built on a foundation of love, mutual respect, and trust. We are alike in many ways, but our differences may be what actually makes us work. We love the life we have built and are eager to grow and share it with a child.
From Chad About Brian
There was something about Brian that caught my eye the first time I met him so many years ago. I was so lucky to get to know him and experience how incredibly kind, funny, intelligent, confident, and yet also humble he is. I love all these qualities, but I admire his compassion, humor, and empathy the most. He will literally move an ant or stink bug outside rather than kill it!
To know Brian is to like Brian. He is one of those people others are automatically drawn to and quickly find out how great he is. He is friendly, warm, and outgoing in all the right ways. I admire his personal strength and the resilience he has developed over the course of the last few years, especially after the death of his parents. He has learned a lot about himself during this time, has grown in his faith, and has an even better appreciation for the importance of family and human connection.
Brian is also an absolute master in the kitchen and loves trying new recipes. He literally has a library of cookbooks and every kitchen gadget and appliance imaginable.I know he is looking forward to making homemade baby food too! I believe that he is going to be the most incredible father and look forward to watching him become an even more fulfilled, complete person.
From Brian About Chad
After meeting Chad the first time, I knew I wanted to get to know him better. In addition to catching my eye from a physical perspective, I could immediately sense he was a kind person. It didn’t take long to confirm that I was right. In addition to being kind, Chad is intelligent, level-headed, patient, and is even-tempered. Rarely will you see him get upset about anything. He is a great listener and is compassionate towards others, which makes him great at his profession. One of his strengths is pointing out opposing sides to an argument, helping me see different perspectives.
Chad is a lover of all things outdoors, whether it’s taking a run in the park, barbecuing something on the grill, or spending a whole Sunday working in the yard. He has a “green thumb,” and you should see his orchid collection! Chad enjoys being a caretaker and has been my “rock” to lean on over the past 18 years together. We have been through so many of life’s adventures, and he has supported me unconditionally the whole way. There is no doubt in my mind that he is going to be the best father, and I can’t wait to take this next step in our journey together.
We are very fortunate to have wonderful family, friends, and a very tight-knit group of neighbors. Brian was born and raised in Indianapolis and though his parents have passed away, he has extended family nearby. Brian’s brother, sister-in-law, and our two incredible nieces live in Salt Lake City and we love spending time with them.
Chad grew up in rural Ohio and has a very large and supportive family, including three sisters, two brothers, five nieces, and one nephew. Chad’s mom and step-dad are at the center of the family and love to see that their legacy continues to grow!
Our families are looking forward to a new addition to the crew. Family gatherings were always a very important part of our lives growing up, and we look forward to making that a tradition for our child as well.
We live in an amazing little neighborhood in Indianapolis. Many of our neighbors have become like a second family, and they are all excited to be part of the “village” that it takes to raise a child. We live near a beautiful city park and we spend a lot of time on our boat during the warm months. We are fans of great food and enjoy dinner at home, as well as trying new restaurants. Travel has been an important part of our life together, and we look forward to showing a child the world.
We look forward to providing a child with a home full of unconditional love and stability. We hope to raise a child who is kind, compassionate, and resilient. We understand that children need the right balance of structure and support alongside freedom to be themselves. We are fortunate that we will both be able to take time off work when a baby comes home and we have childcare options through our jobs when the time comes.
Thank you for considering us to be part of your child’s story. We cannot do this on our own. We look forward to the start of our journey together and will be honored to have you always be a part of it.
- I grew up on a farm in central Ohio and I am the second of six siblings (3 girls, 3 boys).
- I started running in 7th grade and still run at least two half marathons a year.
- I've been bungy jumping, skydiving (twice), and scuba-diving on the Great Barrier Reef. I love an adventure, but tend to do less risky activities as I've gotten older.
- I spent a semester in Brisbane, Australia when I was in college.
- I love to plan vacations and think I must have been a travel agent in a former life.
- I really enjoy being outside and like yard work and house projects.
- I am not afraid of attempting most home DIY projects. . .YouTube is an amazing resource.
- I grow a small vegetable and herb garden each year in our backyard.
- If I go to the beach or hang out at the lake, I am content to be there relaxing ALL day long.
- I have a bit of a sweet tooth and would love to have dessert every day.
- I grew up in Indianapolis and have one younger brother
- My family had a lake house when I was growing up where we spent a lot of time, so I always knew I wanted a home close to the water!
- I attended both Purdue and Butler Universities and lived in Phoenix for an internship.
- I love to cook, bake, and do all things kitchen.
- I have a collection of several hundred cookbooks.
- I am a huge fan of most music types and almost always have something playing throughout the house.
- I enjoy reading, especially non-fiction (and cookbooks).
- I enjoy vacuuming, but hate to dust.
- My guilty pleasure is some of the "Housewives" reality TV series.
- Nice smelling candles, diffusers, and room sprays are a must for me.
- I am a Soft-coated Wheaten Terrier and I was born and raised in Florida, but I like the cooler weather in Indiana.
- I am the sweetest, gentlest pup, but I’m scared of thunder and fireworks.
- My little sister, Maggie, is the boss, but I happily defend and protect her from other dogs.
- My people seem to talk to me non-stop, and I love it.
- I am very food motivated and stay close to anyone who might be doing something in the kitchen. They tell me I'm the "kitchen manager."
- I am a Miniature Schnauzer and I am the "house and backyard manager" and everyone must listen to me.
- When I see other dogs in the neighborhood I sometimes scream like a baby with excitement.
- I absolutely love chasing squirrels and eating birdseed in my backyard.
- I know what time of day my people are supposed to take me for a walk, and I don't let them forget it.
- I enjoy being the only girl in the house, but would be happy to have a little sister (or another brother).
- I joined the family from a shelter five years ago.
- I love time in the sun with my sister, Maggie.
- Teasing Riley and getting him to chase me around is one of my favorite activities.
- I claim every room in the house as my own.
- I live for the opportunity to chase a laser pointer.